Women 200lb+, Let's Have A Noteworthy November!!!

Replies

• jazzadesigns
    jazzadesigns Posts: 477 Member
    Hi I’m 53 and 5’6”.
    Starting Weight: 257.8 (1/14/21)

Nov Start Weight: 215.9 (10/30/21)
    Nov Goal Weight: 214.0
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 170

Nov 1: 215.9
    Nov 6: 215.8 (-0.1)
    Nov 13:
    Nov 20:
    Nov 27:
    Nov 30:

I am thrilled with this loss as I was at a work conference this week and went over my calories, had a few treats, and alcohol.

@goal06082021 glad they scheduled your husband’s surgery and hope all goes well! ❤️

@jeepkat1 congrats on reaching Onederland!💥🎉

@sarah12277 I hope your mom is doing well and you can get your living situation straightened out!

@SammiGirl1321 I love your Halloween pics! Your kids are adorable and you look beautiful!

@VickyEltonGreen I miss your posts!

Welcome to all of the new people! This is a great group!
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Starting weight: 270 March 2021
    Total loss to date: 57.6

November Start Weight:212.4
    November Goal Weight:208
    Ultimate Goal Weight:TBD

November 6:212.4
    November 13:
    November 20:
    November 27:

November goals:
    • Stay on track logging everything
    • Eat healthy snacks
    • Get back into a strength training routine
    • Keep my stress levels to a minimum - not let people or things get to me
    • Get as close to 15K steps a day as possible.

Ugh. I had this long post typed out with responses to other posts then my computer crashed and I lost everything.
    I didn't do as well as I would have liked for October but I still made progress. My goal for November and December is to do even better. I had to replace my Fitbit as mine was old and stopped working. I was on a 57 day step streak for meeting my daily steps then I lost my streak. I have been averaging between 12-14K steps a day. I am going to challenge myself and aim for 15K.

@goal06082021
    I am happy to hear about the results of your husband's MRI. That is fantastic news.
    Congrats on the pumpkin success. I loved watching you crush it!

@Wanderingin98198
    I also was diagnosed with Type 2 in March. Congrats on your success so far.

@SammiGirl1321
    I love the costumes and pictures. Thanks for sharing!

@Ladybug8882021
    I have Fitbit too. Feel free to add me if you need more friends on there. I am JNettie73 and have the same profile picture that I do on here. Right now I have a trial of premium, I can invite you to some challenges. I find then fun and motivating.

• Deanner03
    Deanner03 Posts: 371 Member
    drj63 wrote: »
    Ht.: 5'3"
    MFP SW: 205 (7/5/21)
    October Ending weight: 195
    Current Weight:196.4

My usual weigh in day is on Friday. I knew I was gaining and just couldn't bring myself to get on the scale until this morning and I MADE myself do it.
    I have not made any progress since returning to work after summer break. I don't know why I keep allowing myself to get into this self destructive cycle. I'm not getting any younger and I really would like to be around to see my sons get married and have families of their own. My mother passed away at 64, her mother at 68, I don't want to fall into that statistic. Each day I grow closer to that age. I've missed my mom so much and she's missed out on watching how much my brothers' families and my family has grown.
    So... I'm starting over AGAIN today. Sucking it up and hoping by Friday, my normal weigh in day that at least I can get back to 195 where I was before the gain.
    Goal for the end of November is to be 192.
    Thank you MPF family for always being there and understanding. I hope you all have a wonderful, successful week!

I struggle with self-destructive tendencies as well. Especially an all-or-nothing mentality. I seem to think that one "bad" food means the day is shot and leads to a bad day, then a bad few days, then it's "I'll start again on Monday, the first of the month, etc."
    This time I'm focusing on progress rather than perfection. If I have a "bad" food or go over my daily calories, I log it, and work to do better with my next choice.
    Getting started is a huge percentage of the battle. You've got this.
  • drj63
    drj63 Posts: 59 Member
    Deanner03 wrote: »
    drj63 wrote: »
    Ht.: 5'3"
    MFP SW: 205 (7/5/21)
    October Ending weight: 195
    Current Weight:196.4

My usual weigh in day is on Friday. I knew I was gaining and just couldn't bring myself to get on the scale until this morning and I MADE myself do it.
    I have not made any progress since returning to work after summer break. I don't know why I keep allowing myself to get into this self destructive cycle. I'm not getting any younger and I really would like to be around to see my sons get married and have families of their own. My mother passed away at 64, her mother at 68, I don't want to fall into that statistic. Each day I grow closer to that age. I've missed my mom so much and she's missed out on watching how much my brothers' families and my family has grown.
    So... I'm starting over AGAIN today. Sucking it up and hoping by Friday, my normal weigh in day that at least I can get back to 195 where I was before the gain.
    Goal for the end of November is to be 192.
    Thank you MPF family for always being there and understanding. I hope you all have a wonderful, successful week!

I struggle with self-destructive tendencies as well. Especially an all-or-nothing mentality. I seem to think that one "bad" food means the day is shot and leads to a bad day, then a bad few days, then it's "I'll start again on Monday, the first of the month, etc."
    This time I'm focusing on progress rather than perfection. If I have a "bad" food or go over my daily calories, I log it, and work to do better with my next choice.
    Getting started is a huge percentage of the battle. You've got this.

Thank you so much!!! I really needed to hear this today!!!❤
  • swanjun
    swanjun Posts: 27 Member
    @patriciafoley1 Fine by me if you keep posting here!
  • swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Well I didn't get to the 180 or below. Had an uptick to 181.8 lbs but I was true to my calories, carbs, water and exercise so just a normal weight fluctuation. So I lost 30.2 lbs during the 3 month challenge. Which is excellent!

So starting 11/1 at 181.8 lbs with goal of 5 lbs for the month. This 10 lb average / month that has been going on has got to slow down soon, I'm thinking.

Welcome back to past challengers and to the new ones!
    64 yo 5' 4" Heaviest Weight twice-255 lbs, got down to 122 lbs 2010 and kept it off 5 years then got lazy.
    11/1/21-181.8 lbs
    11/7/21-180 lbs! Down 75 lbs. 58 lbs to my 122 lb goal. Did 200 minutes on my Elliptical today, 14.25 miles.
  • @patriciafoley1 You can keep posting, I have seen some ladies post here all the way until maintenance.
  • BCLadybug888
    BCLadybug888 Posts: 1,222 Member
    @patriciafoley1 - please do keep posting here, you give us all hope! 🙏

@JNettie73 - I don't have any friends on Fitbit, have never participated in that community and I appreciate the offer! I am a little over 6000 steps today. Which is a new high for me since I strapped it on again 😉

I am at the airport, waiting to board my flight to Kauai, already enjoying my vacation 😎 plan to continue tracking and being active while away.
  • swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    @Ladybug8882021

Have a wonderful time! Safe travels. I've been to Hawaii 3 times (the big island and Oahu twice) and had wonderful times! Not sure if I'll ever get the chance to go back again.
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    @Ladybug8882021 have fun in hawaii!

@patriciafoley1 definitely keep posting, you're an inspiration!

I have Cooked Some Food this weekend, ladies.

My "odds and ends" dish ended up being basically eggroll filling (a riff on the old "egg roll in a bowl" that's apparently really popular in paleo circles, based on the google results I was getting?? ah, yes, the egg roll, a staple of the pre-agricultural revolutionary diet. /s) - thin-sliced cabbage, spaghetti squash, ground beef mixed with a dressing made of garlic, ginger, fish sauce, rice vinegar, gochujang, and honey. I'll use the rest of the pasta sauce for something else, probably. Then, to use up some of the huge bag of kale I had, I made a quick minestrone soup in my Instant Pot - I'll serve that with some fun colorful spooky pasta I picked up at Aldi last month. And finally, I made a big eggplant lasagna (using the rest of the kale in the tomato sauce part), that's mostly for me but hopefully Hubs will be home in time to enjoy some of it as well. It won't freeze very well because of the eggplant.
  • Deanner03
    Deanner03 Posts: 371 Member
    @patriciafoley1 - please do keep posting here, you give us all hope! 🙏

@JNettie73 - I don't have any friends on Fitbit, have never participated in that community and I appreciate the offer! I am a little over 6000 steps today. Which is a new high for me since I strapped it on again 😉

I am at the airport, waiting to board my flight to Kauai, already enjoying my vacation 😎 plan to continue tracking and being active while away.

HAVE FUN!!!