Starting over once again. Time to take control and get back on the horse. Literally!

Options
I typed out a very long intro, but deleted it to share these quick thoughts.
I am a 50 year old woman who has let herself go over the past several months. I've recently started taking back control over other aspects of my life and it's time to take control over my health again. I've been here numerous times and know that this site helps. I know I have to put in the work and hold myself accountable if I want to get out of my rut and return to an active, healthier lifestyle. It's time. I'm back and ready!

My passion is horses. All things horses. I have 3, but only 1 that can be ridden regularly. I also like to run and hope to get back to it after I figure out how to get my plantar fasciitis to calm down. Yoga is ok, I do it to improve my riding and mental health. Weight training classes are fun and I plan to do a few of those from home each week. Taking control over my eating is my biggest challenge. My husband and I are snackers and it's hard to not sit around with him in the evenings munching on chips and drinking beers, especially now that it's getting darker so much earlier.

I'd love to have some people to check in with for support and encouragement :smiley:

Replies

• run_sara_run
    run_sara_run Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I keep starting and slacking over and over. I'm trying really hard to be consistent for a while this time. It's easier to stick with it when I start to see results. I always quit too soon! I also run (and hike) trying to get back into some home yoga and weights classes but it's hard to fit it in with two small, very energetic boys at home.
  • pam69_v
    pam69_v Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I have just joined again for what seems like the 20th time. I’m 52 and desperate to loose the weight I have gained over the last couple of years.
    I have a gym in my house so you would think that would be a done deal. But no, I can’t seem to find the consistency in my routine to put in the hard work that I know it will be as I lost 4.5 stone years ago.

I would love support and encouragement too. :-)
  • mmcjtink
    mmcjtink Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm starting again today to girls!! I'm 52 and like everyone else else I gained over covid. I take care of children out of my home so there is ALWAYS someone eating. I'm hoping to stick with it. I am teaming up with one of my moms and we are weighing in every Friday. I'm hoping that accountability will help. Good luck ladies we got this!!!!