Replies

• luciah82
    luciah82 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Smile back
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,824 Member
    Options
    Glances happen. During rest periods between sets, I look around the gym, note other people exist, all while mentally counting down the seconds until my next set. Sometimes the other person happens to be glancing my way at the same time, eye contact can be made, nods exchanged if it's a familiar face, and move on. No biggie.

It's when glances turn into stares that it becomes creepy.
  • mehshell420
    mehshell420 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Always have RBF so they don't wanna glance again 😌
  • CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,558 Member
    Options
    Stare down. Make uncomfortable. Rinse. Repeat.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • Sofiapilla
    Sofiapilla Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Most guys that think women are looking are full of themselves.

Most guys who think guys who think women are looking are full of themselves are full of themselves ugh so much easier to just say your mom
  • CaptainFantastic01
    Options
    Most guys that think women are looking are full of themselves.

Most guys who think guys who think women are looking are full of themselves are full of themselves ugh so much easier to just say your mom

😂😂😂😂😂😂
  • bellababy9031
    bellababy9031 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    rdh7760 wrote: »
    Caught a few glances today 😁

What’s your take on it ?

Was he cute?
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    Here we go again...
  • mandymay01
    mandymay01 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I love some eye candy at the gym
  • Arc2Arc
    Arc2Arc Posts: 484 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    I love cars and working on them. I frequently go to car shows because I appreciate other cars. We’re all working on our bodies in the gym. Observing others without staring or learing is a natural part of it. As far as eye contact, I work out in a gym that seldom has more than a couple of other people working out. Avoiding eye contact might be creepier than making it.
  • CaptainFantastic01
    edited November 2021
    Options
    njak4r4rehbj.gif

Okay?
  • more_oomph
    more_oomph Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    report it to management

make it very clear that you are not here to be ooogled!

(and put your hands up and wiggle your fingers when you say oogled btw)
  • rdh7760
    rdh7760 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    rdh7760 wrote: »
    Caught a few glances today 😁

What’s your take on it ?

Was he cute?

Hah!
  • steelrod1
    steelrod1 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    P
    more_oomph wrote: »
    report it to management

So many things happen at the gym, after a long hard run, tired sweaty and happy you finish. Someone noticed your efforts and gives you a heads up look, positive in all things excercise not at all related to you or you peck muscles. Does the eye googling from male or female really disturbe you that much,. Be it in your mind for the work your doing or someone who thinks you attractive, because of the hard work your doing. Either way they are telling you perhaps not verbally that your program is working and they have noticed. Nothing more then that, enjoy the complement and keep pushing quietly. No need to interact.
  • CaptainFantastic01
    Options
    steelrod1 wrote: »
    P
    more_oomph wrote: »
    report it to management

So many things happen at the gym, after a long hard run, tired sweaty and happy you finish. Someone noticed your efforts and gives you a heads up look, positive in all things excercise not at all related to you or you peck muscles. Does the eye googling from male or female really disturbe you that much,. Be it in your mind for the work your doing or someone who thinks you attractive, because of the hard work your doing. Either way they are telling you perhaps not verbally that your program is working and they have noticed. Nothing more then that, enjoy the complement and keep pushing quietly. No need to interact.

This thread is, in fact, a dumpster fire.

(most) people go to the gym to work out and not to be looked at.

eyes front, get your *kitten* done, and get out.

the statement you've made is the equivalent of saying "WELL They were just trying to pay you a compliment when they yelled at you 'hey momma what that *kitten* do'"

It makes people uncomfortable to be stared at, and mindsets like the one you've made here, and I'm sure your looks are totally innocent, mind you, but usually it's not, and those who are not pure of heart, like you, take this mindset too far and begin invading spaces and making the gym, a place to become strong and feel safe, less of a safe space and more of s a space to let some creep come and take a look at my bum
  • Sofiapilla
    Sofiapilla Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    ^so well explained

Also being told to ‘take it as the compliment it is and don’t interact’ reinforces two problematic themes: 1) that our value is all wrapped up in what we physically look like (appreciative looks being currency) and 2) that it’s expected of us to not only allow ourselves to be objectified (by being told to take it and not interact) but to learn to like it