want to lose weight

Options
Hello there new to this. I am desperately trying to lose weight. I have put on 1 stone in the last 2-3 years.
I have started doing this 1200 calorie counting. Of course i am only human and have had some bad days. But i don't seem to be losing any weight. I am also struggling to find foods which are low in carbs fat and protein. I find it doesn't matter what i choose to eat i seem to go over in these 3 sections. Can someone advise me ?

Replies

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,913 Member
    Options
    My question is why are you punishing yourself with 1200 calories?

Unless you are a very petite and/or very sedentary and/or quite elderly female that’s insanity.

It’s also MFP’s default for minimum calories, which tells me you’ve probably gone hog wild and selected two pounds per week when you are only a stone away from goal. That last 10-20pounds are the hardest.

It’s much better to go slow and creat new habits versus throwing yourself into it and risking slingshotting in the other direction, which you’re already showing signs of.

Make this a kindness to yourself, learn those habits and get out of the “weight loss is my punishment” mindset.

As an example,starting as a 5’7”, 222+, 56 year old female, my original goal was 1470. I started moderately active but I lost too rapidly at that goal and bumped up a couple hundred calories three months later and once again four more after that, and still lost weight consistently at 1970. I currently maintain at a much higher number, although thinner me is now highly active, simply because it feels so damn good to do it all.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,913 Member
    Options
    And focus on calories first. Macros can come later. In fact, figure out which macro satiates you and focus on that one. For me, it was always protein. As long as I had high protein levels I wasn’t hungry.

For you, it might be carbs or even fat. We’re all different.

I found as I went along that if I looked at macros using the 7-day view, I was pretty darn close anyway.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    ^^ ditto what spring said

open up your diary. we cant help if we cant see how accurately you may (or may not be) logging.

most veggies are low in fat, carbs, and protein but why on earth would you want to be low in ALL of them? Your body...NEEDS these things? half my macros ARE carbs. worry about calories. get that down. then play with macros.

• reggiemac25
    reggiemac25 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've Been doing a 2000 calorie, high protein diet and trying to walk at least 1000 steps,