when is the best time to wight after overeating ?

Options
after overeating in one day !!!!!
when is the best time to get the results of the disaster i did on scale !!!
and true weight after what happened !!!

another question
after workout can i weight myself ? this will be accurate ?do you think ?
or when exactly ?
i know every morning ....
i wanna know is it possible to weight after workout ?and when for accurate numbers ??!!!

thank you a lot

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,139 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    If you want to see the effect of overeating in terms of durable fat gain, I'd say to wait about a week to eliminate all potential 'false' weight gain (water retention, food waste in your system).

Weighing after your workout seems pointless to me in terms of assessing your progress: for assessing your progress, you should weight regularly at the same moment/under the same circumstances: in the morning after going to the bathroom, before breakfast,... and then look at the trend over several weeks.
    What could be useful for some people, in terms of making sure they are hydrated enough, is to weigh right before and right after exercising. It will depend on the thype and duration of the exercise of course: I don't think it's very useful for strength training for example, but it can be useful for long runs/bike rides,...
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Okay. First, one day is not going to destroy anything, it is not a disaster. Life happens, get back on that horse tomorrow. If life *keeps* happening, figure out how to roll with it - maybe you're trying to lose too aggressively and should eat a little more to make it sustainable, maybe you need to tweak your macros and get more X or less Y, maybe you can't moderate whatever treat keeps blowing up your spot and need to take a break from it for now.

Every time you step on the scale, the only information it gives you is a number describing your relationship with gravity at that exact moment in time. So, the best way to make use of that information is to weigh yourself at regular intervals over a span of time, under the same conditions each time - same time of day (and day of the week if you do it weekly), wearing the same clothes or lack thereof, on the same scale in the same place on the floor. I weigh weekly, first thing Saturday morning after using the toilet, in the nude. The trend over time is the important thing, not any one specific data point. If the trend is moving in the direction you want it to be, then continue to trust the process and keep doing what you're doing. If it's not, then figure out what you need to change. You need at least a couple of month's worth of data before you decide to change anything, though; if you have a menstrual cycle, at least 2 full cycles, and compare data at the same point across each cycle.

The reason is because your weight fluctuates all the time due to all kinds of factors. Even people who have reached goal and are maintaining are generally maintaining within a 5-10lb range, not their goal-weight number exactly, especially people with menstrual cycles. If you weigh yourself at random times, wearing random clothes, under random circumstances (random amounts of time since last you used the toilet, ate/drank anything, exercised in any way), on various scales (i.e. your scale at home and the scale at the grocery store and the scale at your friend's house and the scale at the doctor's office), you're going to get numbers that vary wildly.
  • Retroguy2000
    Retroguy2000 Posts: 1,530 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    There was a recent thread here, young guy tried to binge 10K cals in a day just for a fun challenge with his friend. He posted his results:

Before 10k 187
    After 205
    Day 1 191
    Day 3 190

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10847398/how-much-weight-can-you-gain-eating-10k-calories-1-time/p1
  • NYPhotographer2021
    NYPhotographer2021 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Yes, try not to worry about that overindulgence. It probably won't show up immediately, and may not even show up at all! I know for me, some days I am perfectly perfect with my eating, etc, but my weight will go up. And other times, I've overeaten, my weight goes down. ???? So there is no set time to weigh to know what the circumstances of any particular time will result. I weight every morning upon wakening, after voiding bladder and bowels, sans clothes. Same exact way. Then record that result. My graph is all over the place, but the trend is steadily downward.

Here is my latest graph that I took a screenshot of from here. Notice all the peaks and valleys? This is a culmination of every day for the past 30 days. See how even though there are times my weight has gone up, basically my weight is moving down. So that is all I need to know.

elxaq0fy3k2i.jpg
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    I have noticed it takes 3-5 days to get back to the weight I was before overeating. When I know it is likely to happen (like a holiday or family party) I weigh myself that morning and then stay off the scale for a week. If all other days were on plan, I will probably have lost a half pound or more as of the next weigh in. If it is just an unplanned binge, I stay off for 4 days or so.
  • Notreadytoquit
    Notreadytoquit Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Wait until you go to the gym / workout the next day. Exercise is the antidote to overeating. Enjoy and move.
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,568 Member
    Options
    In the morning, right after the washroom. Weighing after a workout, or a binge, or a good poop is kind of pointless. Weightloss is a trend over days / weeks / months. The day to day blips are rather irrelevant.

While it may be fun to see if you truly did drop a 2lb-er... It isn't an accurate reflection of your weight. 😂
  • Caralarma
    Caralarma Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Ive learned to stay FAR away from the scale for the next day or 2 (at least) after over eating. The number you see will not be a true reflection and it's just demotivating
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,682 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    trendweight.com
    Happy scale iPhone
    Libra Android
    Weightgrapher.com
    Others

You are looking at meaningless daily numbers

The only thing that matters in terms of establishing your current weight level is the longer term trend.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,516 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    I am currently averaging 2700 or so per day by seven day trend. I eat about 2500 per day with room for one much larger day per week.

I’ve learnt that my trend is to be at my lowest on Saturday, highest (by three or four pounds) mid week.

This has been my trend for months in maintenance.

Size stays the same, clothes all fit, that’s all that matters.

Learn thyself. Grant thyself patience and grace. 😇

One day or two or even three does not a train wreck make.