Options
2»

Replies

• Arc2Arc
    Arc2Arc Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Xellercin wrote: »
    Arc2Arc wrote: »

I agree it seems some trial and error is called for. It seems as though beginning that by spreading out protein might be a good start.

Maybe I missed it, but why do you feel the need to change what you are already doing?

I’d like to avoid muscle loss or making it more difficult to regain muscle.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,603 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Then the answer is not timing

The answer is size of deficit.

And degree of muscle stimulus assuming a generally sufficient availability of protein regardless of exact timing.

Unless your tummy processes and extracts everything in a couple of hours instead of the better part of a day or more. Digestion is not instant so amino acids are probably floating around.

Plus, at a guess, the majority of body repair work will take place while you're sleeping.

The majors are your training and your deficit size and general sufficiency of amino acids.

The minors include timing
  • Arc2Arc
    Arc2Arc Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Then the answer is not timing

The answer is size of deficit.

And degree of muscle stimulus assuming a generally sufficient availability of protein regardless of exact timing.

Unless your tummy processes and extracts everything in a couple of hours instead of the better part of a day or more. Digestion is not instant so amino acids are probably floating around.

Plus, at a guess, the majority of body repair work will take place while you're sleeping.

The majors are your training and your deficit size and general sufficiency of amino acids.

The minors include timing

What you’re saying about timing is what I’ve previously understood. However, if you watch the above vid he presents a data based concern about intermittent fasting producing more lean body mass loss than more evenly spreading out protein ingestion.