i was 135

i dont want to gain what i lost so far
should i pause and go for maintaing my weight

i never tried maintain weight before
when i thought about maintaining my weight

i see it similar to normal losing weight diet
what should i do

1-i dont want to gain these 11 kg i lost
2-at the same time i want to lose more weight ....!!!

the first point is more important than the second

btw my mental state is not good all the time thats why i lost weight before the gained again
and i never maintained my weight before

i always lose weight then gain again !!!!!!
pls help!!!!

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,986 Member
    Options
    I am not sure what you're asking...

Just keep track of your food and keep stepping on the body-weight scale and don't freak out over one kg up or down, just keep doing the next right thing.

Eat the food you like in the portions that fit into your daily numbers. It's pretty easy when you just use the FOOD page here.

Good luck. :)
  • saynow111
    saynow111 Posts: 125 Member
    Options

Just keep track of your food and keep stepping on the body-weight scale and don't freak out over one kg up or down, just keep doing the next right thing.

Eat the food you like in the portions that fit into your daily numbers. It's pretty easy when you just use the FOOD page here.

sorry for my bad expressions
    i edited my topic
    hope it is clear now!
  • cmriverside
    edited November 2021
    Options
    saynow111 wrote: »

sorry for my bad expressions
    i edited my topic
    hope it is clear now!

Maintaining weight is just like losing weight. My previous post stands.

Keep track of how MUCH you eat. Step on the body-weight scale. Don't freak out and give up if you gain a kg, just eat a little bit less and/or exercise a little bit more and in a couple days you'll be back where you were.

It's a long game. As in Forever type "long."

I lost 80 pounds in 2007-08.

I still watch the numbers. I go up and down a kg regularly. I have a weight "range" of five pounds that I consider "Maintenance." When my weight trends over or under, I adjust my food slightly.
  • saynow111
    saynow111 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    excuse me.....
    so you suggest i should continue losing weight
    becoz maintaining is like losing weight ?
    so you think this is best thinking for me while in this situation ??!!!!
  • cmriverside
    Options
    excuse me.....

Your BMI is almost 37. calculator here: https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmi-m.htm

Continue to lose weight using the method I described.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    I like the way @cmriverside put it; just keep doing the next right thing.
    Make sure you've got all your numbers entered into MFP, goals, calories you consume, your activity level and any extra exercise you do. The math will get you to where you want to be.
    Then after you've found your calorie goals, eat healthy(most of the time :)) foods that you like will help you going strong, measure/weigh/count them and go from there.

I don't know what your personal goals are as far as weight or exercise but MFP has been very helpful to getting many people there. It comes down to us sticking to it and being true to our numbers.

Good luck and wish you the best!!

Very simple process. Hard to always adhere to. So be kind to yourself along the way.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Unless you are finding it really difficult to continue to lose weight, I wouldn't take a break yet. Keep on with your weight loss efforts, as long as they aren't too extreme. You don't say how many pounds a week you are trying to lose. If you are trying to lose 20+ kilos total, then 1.5 - 2 lbs. a week is fine. When you get closer to your goal, then you can add some calories and slow down the weight loss. That is good preparation for eating at maintenance.

You say that in the past you have lost weight and then regained it. As stated above, maintaining is very similar to losing weight. You need to continue to watch and control what you eat. You need to continue to exercise regularly. You need to weigh yourself often so you can cut back your food intake if your weight goes up. Some people continue to log their food, others are able to control their intake without logging because they developed good habits while losing weight like making treats a rare thing rather than a daily habit, or eating fruit, vegetables and lean protein rather than more processed foods, being cautious with eating meals out, etc. The mistake most dieters make is that once they have lost a lot of weight, they go back to eating the way they did before they lost the weight. You can't expect to maintain loss by eating the way you did while you were fat.
  • Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    excuse me.....

Your BMI is almost 37. calculator here: https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmi-m.htm

Continue to lose weight using the method I described.

Yes I agree, you can continue to lose until you get to a healthy BMI and then transition to maintenance. Or you can take a diet break along the way and maintain for a while, but unless you feel you really need it right now I would continue to lose a bit first.
  • Strudders67
    Strudders67 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    You've lost 11kg so far, which is great and something you should feel proud of having done.

You say that you don't want to regain those 11kg and you want to lose more weight. Then you ask if you should pause and just maintain. Like the others here, I'd say keep doing what you've been doing.

How long have you been losing weight for? What rate of weight loss do you have selected? Are you finding it a struggle?

If you haven't already, go to Goals then View Guided Set Up and re-save (Update Your Profile). Look at your 'goal' (towards the bottom) whilst you're there. When you click the green button, MFP will recalculate your calorie numbers based on your new weight - it's recommended that you do that every so often, perhaps every 5kg, as your body will need fewer calories as you lose weight.

If you are finding it a struggle, depending on what goal you have set, you could reduce it to lose at a rate of 0.75kg a week instead of 1kg for example, and stick to that for a few weeks or a month to give yourself some sort of break, but I'd leave it set to 'lose' rather than change it to maintain.