Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

Show date thread was started (restore this feature from the old boards)

Before the update, the boards would show both the user that started the thread and the most recent comment, both dated/timestamped. Now, it still shows those usernames, but only the most recent comment has the timestamp. It's common on several boards to see users asking the same questions over and over and over (how do I count calorie? how do I lose weight? how do I shot web?) - without the timestamp of when the thread was originally created, it's much harder to see if a given thread is a new discussion or if someone stumbled in here from Google to post on a thread from 2016.

12 votes

Active · Last Updated

Replies

• Cindy01Louisiana
    Cindy01Louisiana Posts: 302 Member

I have a feeling this was intentional. I used to read another board, with a much smaller number of users, and the owner explained (roughly and from memory of several years ago) that they didn't want dates on posts because they wanted the posts to be "timeless." In essence, to avoid people not reading or interacting because the original post was four years old. I get the psychology of it, but I would still prefer having all dates visible.

• Betty
    Betty Posts: 8,812 MFP Staff
    Hello, Thank you for the suggestion. Just to clarify, are you referring to seeing the original post date when in the discussion list view? For example when looking at the list of Recent Discussions or discussions within a certain category?
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Betty wrote: »
    Hello, Thank you for the suggestion. Just to clarify, are you referring to seeing the original post date when in the discussion list view? For example when looking at the list of Recent Discussions or discussions within a certain category?

Yes, in the Discussion list view, rather than having to open the thread to see the timestamp on the OP.
  • Betty
    Betty Posts: 8,812 MFP Staff
    Betty wrote: »

Yes, in the Discussion list view, rather than having to open the thread to see the timestamp on the OP.

Thank you for the clarification. I'll submit a feature request ticket for that and will follow up when I have any new information.