Abs!!

Options
Right, I'm still in the process of losing weight (that is, getting rid of fat) but think I'm at the stage where I should be building some muscle as well - not bulking up but toning up.

Specifically, I want to focus on my abs...including that little 'pooch' at the bottom. I've got no problem with my waist...I'm actually starting to see my ribs more than I used to.
The only thing is, nearly every abs workout I come across involves oblique crunches and other similar exercises that work the sides which I don't need to or want to work out. Does anyone know of a routine that consists purely of abs and lower abs exercises or can I just do one of the workouts out there but miss out the oblique exercises?

Any advice on ab exercises much appreciated - would like to see some muscle as the fat starts burning off - I'm at the dreaded "last 10lbs" stage in my weight loss journey.

Replies

• SunKissed1989
    SunKissed1989 Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,210 Member
    Options
    think I'm at the stage where I should be building some muscle as well - not bulking up but toning up.

I would follow a normal, full-body strength training program, like New Rules of Lifting for Women (NROLFW). A good lifting program works your abs properly - and all your other muscles too. Ab exercises don't actually target the fat layer there (=pooch), they only build the muscle layer under the fat.