Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

What Help discussions are needed?

Options
  • How to Use the Forum Editor - If there is documentation elsewhere on how to use the editor, this would provide a link to that documentation. If there isn't, then each comment posted in this discussion would explain various features and functions. Like:
    • using the paragraph icon to bring up formatting options for:
      • headings 2 thru 5
      • bulleted/ordered lists, and indent/outdent.
      • quote, block code, spoiler.
    • using icons at bottom left to upload image or insert media, etc.
  • The Idea behind Groups, Categories, Discussions, Notifications
  • Ways to use and access the above.
  • Where to Find Status Of and/or Report Bugs.

1 votes

In Review · Last Updated

We are working on a "How To" post.

Replies

• frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,239 Member
    Options
    I mention this because the learning process has been hit and miss for many of us. And there has to be a better way of learning these things than word-of-mouth and trial-and-error.
    While this won't help people currently, it would certainly benefit new members down the line.
    (by the way, thanks for getting the double line spacing fixed.)
  • frankwbrown
    Options
    (wasn't I premature in thanking you for fixing line spacing?)

Why is it that...
    in this discussion,
    the lines are single-spaced?
    While in discussions elsewhere,
    they are still being double-spaced?
    Is this because this is a new discussion?
    Are preexisting discussions being treated differently?

• Betty
    Betty Posts: 8,818 MFP Staff
    Options
    (wasn't I premature in thanking you for fixing line spacing?)

Why is it that...
    in this discussion,
    the lines are single-spaced?
    While in discussions elsewhere,
    they are still being double-spaced?
    Is this because this is a new discussion?
    Are preexisting discussions being treated differently?

Hello! You guessed it, pre-existing posts that were made before we switched back to BBCode for post editing will maintain their original format. Unfortunately we can not change that. But all new posts will utilize BBCode again. We made the decision to switch back to BBCode for now while our forum providers work to build out more features for the newer posting editor.
  • frankwbrown
    edited November 2021
    Options
    @Betty
    Months ago, I was researching why changing my profile picture on MFP wasn't being reflected in MFP Community. I ultimately learned that I needed to log out then log in for that change to be synced to Vanilla Forums. Is the MFP Community pages still using Vanilla Forums?

I see that Vanilla is OSS. Does MFP have it installed on their own server, or is MFP using another provider (that uses Vanilla) to host the MFP Community?
    Can you share the version of Vanilla you (and provider) are now using?

(I'm a retired developer, and I've worked with many open source products, so I'm familiar with the difficulty at times of working with a package that can be a bit of a black box. I worked on my employer's instance of Alfresco CMS which in turn used an open-source mail server. In the course of researching a bug, I found that it was the mail server software that was at fault. I modified that package to fix the bug in our instance. I submitted a patch of my changes and that patch was ultimately applied to the package. So I'm rooting for you.)
This discussion has been closed.