Hi Everyone! Looking for New Friends.

Options
I've been using myfitnesspal since May, but lately I haven't been consistent with logging my food. Also, today was the first day in two weeks I managed to get to the gym. I'm looking for friends of all ages and locations so that I can stay motivated.

About myself: I'm 31. I'm interested in walking and eventually running half marathons. I have been slowly adding more organic, raw, and/or vegetarian recipes to my diet; but I still try to eat dark chocolate as much as possible. I've lost 21 pounds on myfitnesspal and I lost about 15 before I joined. I still have 60 pounds left to lose.

Replies

• DaveneGfit
    DaveneGfit Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I think that's so awesome that you've already lost 21 pounds!! Way to go! I am a vegetarian myself and probably about 70% raw. Ha I am with you on the dark chocolate thing. What is some of your favorite dark chocolate?
  • Shmom123
    Options
    Hi! Congrats on the weight lost! I've been on this site all of 3 days now. I am looking to loose 15 ish pounds. I am early 50's work out a lot, but my body doesn't seem to respond :( I am hopeful that this gives me a better idea of my eating habits.
  • Pittseminole
    Pittseminole Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks girls! My favorite chocolate is probably Cadbury Royal Dark Chocolate. I'm also quite fond of the Ghiradelli 72% Cacao -Twilight Delight. My goal is to eventually become about 85% meat free, but I doubt I'll ever become a full fledged vegetarian. A friend of mine follows a vegan and mostly raw diet and she looks younger now than when I first met her almost seven years ago. Also, when I first met her, she had a horrible diet. She's an inspiration to me that people really can change their eating habits. I really respect those who are able follow such a strict diet.

Shmom - Welcome! I'd already lost 15 pounds and then plateaued for months and months. I joined MFP for the exact same reasons you talked about. I had plateaued even though I was going to the gym all the time. Now that I'm logging my food, I'm able to see the connection between the weeks I lose, gain or maintain my weight. I hope MFP helps you like it's helped me. Now, if only I could stay consistent with my logging...