HOW TO JUMP START WEIGHT LOSS?????

I am so lost and confused when it comes to losing weight. I have been moderately in shape my whole life then--bam--after my daughter was born, I stacked on an extra 30 pounds and have been struggling for the past few years trying to regain my shape! I have lost a few pounds then put it right back on. I can't figure out where I am going wrong!!! I exercise everyday (or at least try to), and I eat (somewhat) healthy, as I am a diabetic! I don't have a problem with suppressing an appetite. I eat when I am not really hungry. So I guess I have a "being a greedy glutton" problem!

Replies

• tonynguyen75
    tonynguyen75 Posts: 418 Member
    How many calories do you expend during these exercises? How many calories do you eat a day?

These are the fundamental questions for weight loss. If you cannot answer them accurately, you'll have a hard time losing weight. Use the app and monitor these two things (Calories expended and calories consumed) as well as your weight.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Calorie deficit for weight loss and exercise for fitness. So, if you are not losing weight, there is a miscalculation somewhere along the line. There is no jump start, you just have to do it.

ETA:Do you log accurately? Do you weigh everything? Would you be willing to open diary?
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Calorie deficit for weight loss and exercise for fitness. So, if you are not losing weight, there is a miscalculation somewhere along the line. There is no jump start, you just have to do it.

ETA:Do you log accurately? Do you weigh everything? Would you be willing to open diary?

^ QFT
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Step 1: Write down your goals and formulate a rational and sustainable plan to reach them
    Step 2: Wake up tomorrow morning and start your new life.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member

^ QFT

+1
  • ashandstuff
    ashandstuff Posts: 442 Member
    It's one day at a time. For me it's better to focus on short term goals (like eating better today, and working out for 30 minutes) rather than obsessing over the long term goal of losing weight.

Just be honest with yourself and most of all, TRY.

Really putting effort into it is the way to get your goal.
  • RachelSRoach1
    RachelSRoach1 Posts: 435 Member

^ QFT

+1

^Yep.
  • dirty_dirty_eater
    dirty_dirty_eater Posts: 574 Member
    Only one known effective method for jumpstarting...sorry I don't have better news.

amp-jump-start.jpg