Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

How to avoid new paragraph (double spacing) when hitting return in Rich Editor

Options
frankwbrown
frankwbrown Posts: 12,206 Member
@Betty
I thought I would bring this to your attention, in case you are unaware of this.

I was reading documentation on the Rich Editor and found info on how to avoid starting a new paragraph when hitting return. (Obviously, I have no way to verify this as we aren't currently using the Rich Editor.)

According to this page (https://success.vanillaforums.com/kb/articles/13-rich-editor), the Rich Editor supports markdown macros.
And according to this page (https://www.markdownguide.org/basic-syntax/),
most markdown applications (so hopefully Rich Editor) allow you to distinguish newline from new paragraph by typing two or more trailing spaces on a line before hitting return.

It would probably be preferable for hitting return to not add a blank line, by default, without the need for trailing spaces. If someone wants double spacing, they can simply hit return again. But if that is not possible, then the community can no doubt learn to add two blank spaces at the end of lines before hitting return when they don't want the double space.

While I am disappointed that the Rich Editor does not support BBCode, I understand your desire to switch to it, as it does have other beneficial features.
1 votes

Completed · Last Updated

We have currently moved back to BBCode and will inform the Community before making any future transitions to Rich Editor.

Replies

• Betty
    Betty Posts: 8,817 MFP Staff
    Options
    Hi @frankwbrown! Thank you for providing this information we will definitely take a look and bookmark those links for the future. We will make sure to provide How To's and educational Information as well as a heads up before making any switches in the future to Rich Editor.
This discussion has been closed.