Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.
Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Where to begin...

I truly try not to complain. I do. I figure I am in your playground, and I can play here or not. I've been here forever and a day and seen more changes and owners and whatnot than many have, and just kind of roll with all of it.

But we've reached a point of ridiculousness. Across the board ridiculousness.

Let's start with the Boards, shall we?

I'll skip the main issues- the fact Android users can't access the Boards (doesn't affect me, but it does some of my friends). The other major issues that should have been resolved before you ever took this live (WHO are your devs??? truly!? Do you have high school students doing this as a project?)

User Cards... It seems this is what you call them, anyway. For more than one reason, we NEED to be able to QUICKLY AND EASILY access user's ACTUAL profiles. New users often want to add friends- I don't care about that, I do care about being able to see diaries when they are asking for help. Most of the time their diaries aren't correct to begin with and that's the problem, but they THINK they are- so we can't go by what they SAY.

Can we tone down the brightness 'SUN' level? White space is great. Looking like we are on the brightest star in our Galaxy...not so much. I really should not have to turn the brightness level down on my computer every time I come on the forums to spare my eyes.

On to other things...

Messages... simple enough to implement parameters to allow users with X amount of posts (since older abandoned accounts seem to be prone to hacking) to be allowed to message users and it actually go THROUGH, without being friends. Sometimes we have a question for a new user, sometimes we just want to say something to someone else, whatever...plenty of reasons to want to have a conversation off the boards, but not necessarily be friends (at all, or yet).

Older Abandoned accounts subject to possible hacking - delete them. Send an email and say 'hey, if you don't log in within 'x' amount of days, we will delete your account. You are welcome to re-register should this occur' I have websites do this to me all the time. And I don't care. Frees up their space, helps reduce the hacking risk. Seems logical to me.

Our personal profiles.

It would be super fantastic, if I could actually access my OWN profile (and that of my friends, or even random MFP users) on the first attempt. on a regular basis. I have about a 20% success rate with mine. And that's after refreshing multiple times. I have friend's profiles who I can NEVER access.

Change our feeds and comment threads so replies react more like facebook/instagram and we get notifications when we or others reply to us on threads (be it our own page or a friends page) so we can have proper discussions. Some of us, for as busy as we are, are also VERY active on our pages and interact with our friends off and on all day long. It's hard to keep up with conversations when you don't get notifications that so-and-so replied to a comment you made on their post.

Our feeds disappear ALL.THE.TIME. Just today, mine has been gone for 3 hours and counting now. And it happens regularly.

Photo uploads. Can we PLEASE make this easier? More intuitive? Less limiting and limitED?

The Database...

We won't even go there.

You know the issues. Maybe they are being worked on. Some have been around as long as I have, so... I rather doubt it. You would like more people to be premium members, which I can appreciate and I would be happy to do, but given all the issues and the little progress I see being MADE on those issues, I can't reconcile spending that amount of money on a database full of errors, a feed and profile that sometimes does and sometimes doesn't work, and a myriad of other issues (be they major or minor). I've been VERY successful in my weight loss, I won't deny that, and I tell people about MFP all the time, so I certainly don't let it detour me away or affect my recommendation to others, but it does affect my opinion on whether or not I will FINANCIALLY support it.

7 votes

Active · Last Updated

Replies

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Sorry--I have to go now, my eyes hurt and a headache is coming on.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,626 Member
    Sorry--I have to go now, my eyes hurt and a headache is coming on.

it was after lunch when my feed appeared. I got up at 3:30 am.

not a clue when it went down.

sometime after 7pm.

i need a tylenol now.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,626 Member
    and the FREAKING DOUBLE SPACING!

ENOUGH!
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    You are forgetting to mention that now you have to click at least 3 times to get where you want to go on the site. As my DH says--complication of simple things.