To all my MFP friends

Options
hkystar
hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
I wanted to say a HUGE thank you to all my MFP friends and people who have read my blog and given great words of encouragement.

I am still a work in progress, but I think I have joined the portion of the community who are proof that this site can help change your life.

Background, I have been the fat kid since 5th grade. I think growing up no one really knew how to get me to make better choices and so the fat kid continued to grow. I was more athletic growing up but my weight stayed pretty constant (low 200's - 210's). When I finished college and stopped being athletic, I started ballooning. I went up to possibly (never confirmed) 260ish but settled around 250. This past Jan, a VERY good friend of mine got me to really stop just complaining about my weight and actually start doing something. We started by going to the gym everyday together after work. Shortly in, I had major problems with my feet. This halted all working out. But 3 months ago, the same friend sent me a link to the site and told me to just try it. What a difference it has made. 3 months and 25 pounds later... (if you want to see before and after pics go to my profile pics, the blue shirt one is from last sept, the green shirt is this past week).

I want to make sure all my MFP friends and even the entire MFP community hears my THANK YOU! I really couldnt have done this (and continue to do this) without all the support and knowledge everyone shares and provides.

Replies

• Melanie1967
    Melanie1967 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    We are alot alike. I have the same issue. I have been overweight since 4-5 grade. Then I had a child at 14 years old, and have not been under 200lbs since then. After that, I had 4 more children, 3 pregnancies, by the age of 21. I am at 43 now, and never been under 200 in 28 years, until a couple weeks ago. My high weight, conifrmed as you say, was in January of this year at 255lbs. I started here in March at 247lbs. This mornings weigh in was 194.6. WOHOO! I have a health issue also, and you can go look on my profile to see a picture of it. I have a HUGE umbilical hernia, and it affects my exercising. Basically I can't do anything but walk or ride a bike. Surgery in October hopefully. My dr. wanted me under the obese line, as this is my second hernia in 1 year. Last surgery was 9/1/09. Obese for me is over 180lbs, so I am getting there. Keep up the good work, and from your posting, you sound so HAPPY now! Day by day and pound by pound, we will journey this path together!
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    You are so very welcome, but at the same time, I thank you as well!! You have really helped me and I appreciate it very much. We will get through this journey together. I'm proud to call you my 'Bru's Crew' (Support System Team) to my family, but am more proud to call you my friend! Let's keep on a rockin'!!! XoxoxoX. Bru
  • Rebecca__Lynn
    Options
    that's so awesome to hear.....MFP has made such a huge difference in keeping me focused as well...the people, the ease of the site, the EASE of just doing it right. I'm proud of have you as a new MFP friend and look forward to cheering you on your journey further....and I'm so glad to have another friend as well....I def always need a new cheerleader!!! Cheers!! :drinker:
  • Nina74
    Nina74 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Thank YOU for always being there, uplifting us, supporting us through this journey. You are an inspiration! Rock on, girlee!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!