Strong and Happy

LJFitness4049
LJFitness4049 Posts: 2 Member
edited November 2021 in Motivation and Support
From being in grad school depressed and stressed (April 2020). To 6 months out of grad school lifting 4 days a week and loving life. If you’re in a phase of life where everything seems hard and like there’s no way it’ll even get better.

It does and it will get better.

A year ago I was struggling with the sudden loss of a close friend, drinking nightly to cope, working 2 jobs and doing the minimum to keep up my grades up in grad school. I got in an accident the day he passed, hit another car in a hospital parking lot and sobbed with my head on the steering wheel. I had been feeling down for months before his passing and had gotten back on my antidepressants but this was my breaking point.

Soon after that, I made a commitment to myself and my late friend to make a change. I started slow, got exercise for 30 minutes a day, ate more veggies and fruit, and started waking up earlier. Today I’m thriving, at 50 lbs down I finished my masters degree and started my career.

You. Yes, you, you can do this. I believe in you.

ms2f0h7c0t2p.jpeg
nbfy0ondbn5s.jpeg

Replies

• nomoney76
    nomoney76 Posts: 3 Member
    Great progress , keep up the good work
  • ptraff317
    ptraff317 Posts: 6 Member
    Amazing
  • Eltriste73
    Eltriste73 Posts: 126 Member
    Amazing, congratulations!
    From being in grad school depressed and stressed (April 2020). To 6 months out of grad school lifting 4 days a week and loving life. If you’re in a phase of life where everything seems hard and like there’s no way it’ll even get better.

It does and it will get better.

A year ago I was struggling with the sudden loss of a close friend, drinking nightly to cope, working 2 jobs and doing the minimum to keep up my grades up in grad school. I got in an accident the day he passed, hit another car in a hospital parking lot and sobbed with my head on the steering wheel. I had been feeling down for months before his passing and had gotten back on my antidepressants but this was my breaking point.

Soon after that, I made a commitment to myself and my late friend to make a change. I started slow, got exercise for 30 minutes a day, ate more veggies and fruit, and started waking up earlier. Today I’m thriving, at 50 lbs down I finished my masters degree and started my career.

You. Yes, you, you can do this. I believe in you.

ms2f0h7c0t2p.jpeg
    nbfy0ondbn5s.jpeg

• TootlesToodles
    TootlesToodles Posts: 84 Member
    You look amazing!