Setting weekly weight loss goal...

Options
SamiAng
SamiAng Posts: 23 Member
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
Hi there! I am finally doing this after just logging in day after day and not tracking. I do have a question about setting your weekly weight loss. I have a LOT to lose so I was going to set it at 2 pounds per week. I know that because I am really heavy I will naturally lose more so was wondering if it is better to set at 1 or 1.5?

Replies

• lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I have 60 pounds to lose and want to lose it as quickly and safly as possible. I set my weight loss at 2.0 pounds per week. Good luck to you.
  • newlife6745
    newlife6745 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I also have a lot to lose and I set mine at 2 lbs per week with exercising 3x per week. It has been quite doable. Good luck.
  • SamiAng
    SamiAng Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! I just feel hungry all the time. I guess this is day one. My tummy needs to shrink a bit :-)
  • jot42
    jot42 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Research shows the slower you lose, the more likely you will keep it off. I'd start at 1.5, then go down to 1 pound a week once you have some early success.
  • oldandhealthier
    oldandhealthier Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I try to average 1 to 1.5 a week because after all this I do not want to put it back on easily. :drinker:
  • marniesworld
    marniesworld Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I've also seen a lot saying that a good number to aim for is between .5% and 1% of your body weight per week, so depending on how much you have to lose, it might not be unhealthy or unreasonable to aim for 2lbs per week.
  • ELEANOR43da
    ELEANOR43da Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I have a lot to lose and have set my goal at 1 pound per week. It seems more obtainable and I know it has been said losing slowly keeps it easier to stay from gaining back.
This discussion has been closed.