Phasing out sugar challenge

Options
threewins
threewins Posts: 1,455 Member
This is for the people who want to stop having sugar (or pretty much stop) but suddenly stopping is too hard to do. Post your method and how you're going.

Replies

• threewins
    edited November 2021
    Options
    So my plan is to extend the number of hours which I have between having sugar, I'm allowed sugar on 'special occasions' but they are meant to be special, not regularly.
  • MichelleMcKeeRN
    MichelleMcKeeRN Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    If I am craving sweets, I try to ask myself if I am just hungry. Eating a balanced meal often fixes me right up. I still indulge on special occasions.
  • threewins
    Options
    Here we go. Removing sugar from my life, the one thing I have failed most times amongst all things I have tried to achieve (good thing I haven't tried to count how many times I've tried it). Thursday: sugar consumed on and off from about 8am-5pm.
  • threewins
    Options
    Friday 11:30am-3:30pm, so that's 18 1/2 hours without sugar.
  • threewins
    Options
    Saturday 9:30am-12:30pm, so that's 18 hours without sugar, a slight backtrack.
  • doolha
    doolha Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I like your method. Maybe I should try something similar to "train" myself to stand longer periods without sugar. I'm on day 1 and have been consuming unreasonable amounts of it for months, so I assume I will get immense cravings starting tomorrow. :/

I will definitely add another rule for myself, though, and that's how much sugar I am allowed to eat in one sitting. If I have a strong craving, I'll give myself a set number and that's how much sugar I'm allowed. Hopefully, that number will go down quickly!
  • threewins
    Options
    Sunday. I'm using just one time, because it's simpler. I had sugar around 11:30am, which is 23 hours.
  • threewins
    Options
    Monday, 10:30am, 23 hours again.
  • threewins
    Options
    Tuesday, 9:30am, 23 hours again.
  • threewins
    Options
    Wednesday 8:30am, 23 hours.