Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

Daily Notes Search?

Options
FeelingFroggy13
FeelingFroggy13 Posts: 62 Member
I am not sure if this is already possible or not...but if it is not, I have wished to have this function. I would very much like to be able to read through my daily notes from years past. Is there a way to see them in a digest format, or an easier to navigate way to see what days I may have added a note? I don't add them often, so clicking through almost 10 years worth of diary entries (especially when I was a sporadic dairy logger for periods of inactivity), would be rather painful.

If this is already in use some how...how do I go about accessing that?
3 votes

Completed · Last Updated

This is a current possibility from the Printable Review on the website.

Replies

• I2k4
    I2k4 Posts: 179 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    The only way I've come across is "exporting" the Nutrition data to a file that can be loaded into a spreadsheet. In the Android app, that's pressing the Nutrition button next to the Notes button. Upper right on the Nutrition page, there's a little icon that looks like an SD card, click the icon to File Export and upper right "7 days" can be changed to "All time". The resulting file is sent to your email address as a Zip with three "Summaries" as *.csv files: Exercise, Nutrition, and Measurements. When Nutrition Summary is loaded into spreadsheet the last data column is Nutrition Notes - Exercise Summary has Exercise Notes. (Once you're in a spreadsheet you can search or sort data by column in various ways.) Maybe that's all you want.
  • FeelingFroggy13
    FeelingFroggy13 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    @12k4 Thank you for that. I was hoping there was maybe a way to view it on the site itself, but your information certainly keeps me from having to tediously click away to find entries. I will take a look at that soon.

I do wish maybe a feature could be added, sort of like a personal blog I guess, on this site. I find that I use the notes to keep track of how my emotions play into my eating habits. I think it would be helpful to be able to easily read back on times that I started to fall off the wagon so to speak, so that maybe I can notice my warning signs for potential burn out, etc.

• bmorebarbarosa
    bmorebarbarosa Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I second this recommendation to make the 'notes' section searchable. I often find that when I have those days when I hit a 'home run' on my macros / it was a good day....I want to record those days so I can go back and find inspiration later. So far, I've just earmarked those dates in a second program. It seems this data is accessible via the exported date I.e. the data is being recorded, but it's clearly not being displayed or easily searchable in the current version. Would be a great additional feature!
  • Jean
    Jean Posts: 731 MFP Staff
    Options
    You can actually view this if you log into your account online at www.myfitnesspal.com, and view the Printable Report.

Once logged in, click on the "Food" tab and then scroll down and click on the "View Full Report (Printable)" button. On this page, you can select the "Food Notes" and/or "Exercise Notes" boxes, select a timeframe, and then click on "Change Report".

Hope this helps!
This discussion has been closed.