Sleep Suggestions

Options
I have a very difficult time falling asleep some nights. Well a good bit of nights 😅 I’ve tried melatonin and all the usual sleep aids, and the nutritional and exercise changes have been done.

Does anyone take anything not usually known about to help them sleep or do anything specific that isn’t widely talked about to help them get good rest?

Open for discussion and suggestions!

Replies

• mehshell420
    mehshell420 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Occasionally I'll drink chamomile tea. Other things that help me fall asleep are cbd oils/indica flower and some nights I like to put some crystals under my pillow. A nice foot rub also helps!
  • WilnaRenee
    WilnaRenee Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My nightly routine is to take a melatonin, and get into bed. Watch some tv until I start to feel sleepy. Then I put on a progressive relaxation video on YouTube, put on a sleep mask and am normally out before the video is over. When I have a hard time staying asleep, I will drink some skullcap tea before I begin my routine.
  • milky_nutella
    milky_nutella Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Earplugs and eye band sleep helped me a lot. It's easy and simple, but it really works. Just before falling asleep I let myself to think about something if I need to and then I try to clear my mind.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    I've not had that much trouble sleeping for most of my life, but it's getting harder as I get older. It doesn't seem to matter that much if I read stuff on my phone with the brightness turned down. (News articles put me right out, usually.)

If there's something on my mind, it can keep me up. To get me to focus on something different, I'll listen to an audiobook. Actually, I'd like to find headphones that are comfortable in bed so it's easier to do that. I like the idea of a guided meditation instead of the book.
  • Walkywalkerson
    Walkywalkerson Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    My sleep is awful at the moment!
    I think the excess of Christmas on my diet and exercise routine plays a big part in that.
    I sleep so much better when back in my normal routine.
    I don't eat or drink anything with calories for at least 3hrs before bed.
    I also don't have anything with caffeine after 3pm.
    Alcohol plays havoc with my sleep so I avoid it - I haven't been doing much avoiding over the Christmas period - I feel exhausted 😴
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,127 Member
    Options
    Tape is a good point: I use it with my CPAP mask. I need the full face mask, but still tend to mouth-breath and dry out, even with humidity in the CPAP. With the mask, a single strip of regular sensitive-skin paper tape (like you'd use for bandaging) works fine, applied vertically from just under nose to bottom of chin. I would've thought it wouldn't stick, but it does, generally. Keeps my mouth closed, even without covering lips fully. It's weird, TBH.