Ultimate Accountability Challenge (UAC) for December 2021

Mrs_Hoffer
Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
The Ultimate Accountability Challenge (UAC) provides both weight losers and maintainers with incredible accountability partners AND an emphasis on life-changing basic healthy habits.

This is not the flash-in-the-pan 'biggest anything" short-term challenge. This is the real deal!! We are a non-commercial volunteer group with a proven track record of significant team member success.

We enthusiastically welcome our returning veterans and newcomers too!

The accountability part is a daily report of:
1) 20 minutes (minimum) of daily exercise;
2) Tracking everything that you eat and drink;
3) Consuming no more than your chosen limit of daily calories
4) Reporting of your fulfillment of the above in the group daily..... or at a minimum every couple of days.

A non-fulfillment of any of the above equals a Pass Day. There are 3 Pass Days allowed per month. It seems simple enough - but it is not easy! :)

Those who end the month with less than 4 Pass days are celebrated in the monthly Winner's Circle Qualification!! And those who stick with it even after they've used up their Pass Days - are celebrated as Champions!!

Please join us for December:
https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/141911-ultimate-accountability-challenge-december-2021

Replies

• Mrs_Hoffer
    The Ultimate Accountability Challenge (UAC) provides both weight losers and maintainers with incredible accountability partners AND an emphasis on life-changing basic healthy habits.

This is not the flash-in-the-pan 'biggest anything" short-term challenge. This is the real deal!! We are a non-commercial volunteer group with a proven track record of significant team member success.

4) Reporting of your fulfillment of the above in the group daily..... or at a minimum every couple of days.

A non-fulfillment of any of the above equals a Pass Day. There are 3 Pass Days allowed per month. It seems simple enough - but it is not easy! :)

Those who end the month with less than 4 Pass days are celebrated in the monthly Winner's Circle Qualification!! And those who stick with it even after they've used up their Pass Days - are celebrated as Champions!!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/141911-ultimate-accountability-challenge-december-2021
  • lesdarts180
    lesdarts180 Posts: 2,982 Member
    This is not a “lose 10 lbs by Christmas” challenge or a “lose 5kg in 8 weeks” challenge.
    In fact, it is not a weight loss challenge at all. It is all about your overall health and fitness. It promotes good habits, is encouraging and supportive.

I joined my first UAC in January 2020 after losing 22kg and successfully maintaining for some months. But, as many of us know, losing weight is only the first step – it can be more difficult to keep it off once the motivation of seeing the scales move down is no longer there. So many of us lose weight only to see it creep back again. This is where continuing to log and watching your other nutritional and fitness goals can make a big difference.
    Join us wherever you are on your health and fitness journey and see for yourself!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,825 Member
    edited November 2021
    I've been with UAC for several years. It is an ongoing accountability challenge, and a great motivational space, where you get valuable support from the kind, caring members.

UAC has helped me finally reach my UGW (just before Covid hit the world for six) and stay there for the duration. Posting everyday helps build solid habits which will help you on your quest for better Health and Fitness.
  • Jana_2020
    Jana_2020 Posts: 1,345 Member
    If you are looking for a group of kind, helpful & supportive people to encourage you with your journey on MFP, this is where you need to be. Give it a try - you just might have something to lose ;)
  • I first saw and joined UAC for September, and it has been so helpful to me. The people in the group are so friendly and wise. I didn't think I had much more to learn about weight loss, since I've been working on this for a while. But I have learned so much from others' stories, the answers when I ask questions, and the encouragement I get when I stumble. I highly recommend the group, and I will be back for a 4th month in December!
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 4,293 Member
    This is such a wonderful group. Very accepting and helps you to focus on something very simply.
  • enlightenme3
    enlightenme3 Posts: 2,618 Member
    I'm in for December as well! November was my first month, and I found it an incredibly welcoming group with a lot of good insights every day. The challenge is to build or maintain good habits of exercising daily, eating within your calorie goals and tracking those calories - all 3 things that I need to do continue my path to healthiness. More importantly, the group encourages self-love so that you don't beat yourself up if something happens and you can't meet your goals on a particular day (or two, or three).

I encourage folks to check it out and give it a try!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,152 Member
    Hi there!

You: want to lose weight or maintain.

UAC: a wonderfully positive & supportive group that provides a structure for YOU to craft YOUR path to success.

Since April 2018, I’ve been a continuous member of the UAC. I lost my final 25 lbs of 75 and have maintained for 3 years 3 months. UAC is a primary reason for my continued success.

I’ve seen 100’s of folks join & gain confidence, learn tips, & identify methods to lose weight and/or navigate the challenges of maintenance successfully. All you need to do is keep posting!

I know it’s tough to decide whether to try a new group or even to join a group when you I have on idea how to.

We are all here to welcome you & assist if you need help joining, etc.

If you scroll up 5-6 posts, you will see a link in blue. Just click that to discover what I like to call my life preserver or safety net.

What we all are working to achieve is not easy, but UAC does make it easier!!

Join us! Your Future Self will thank you❣️

🌸Maddie
  • Mrs_Hoffer