How can I make my lean pork loins more moist/tender?

Options
(Warning: I do not have an oven or toaster oven, only burners and a microwave. I pan-fry all my meats with no-cal Pam spray.)

I made my first pork loin (lean and thin-cut) just now and it came out really tough and dry. I cooked it on medium-low heat, covered, for 1 minute thirty seconds on each side. I didn't want to undercook it because of those pork parasites. But I think either I overcooked it or the cut just isn't very tender. What can I do to make it better next time, please?

Replies

• healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    You can marinate the pork or sautee chopped onions and garlic in the fry pan, remove from pan, spice up the pork on all sides and brown it on all sides. Add water or chicken broth enough to halfway cover the meat. Add the onion/garlic back into pan. Use a spoon to scrape up the brown bits at the bottom of the pan. Bring to a simmer, cover pan most of the way and simmer for about an hour or till meat is tender. Add more liquid if necessary during cooking. It comes out tasting very good.
  • TitaniaEcks
    TitaniaEcks Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    You can marinate the pork or sautee chopped onions and garlic in the fry pan, remove from pan, spice up the pork on all sides and brown it on all sides. Add water or chicken broth enough to halfway cover the meat. Add the onion/garlic back into pan. Use a spoon to scrape up the brown bits at the bottom of the pan. Bring to a simmer, cover pan most of the way and simmer for about an hour or till meat is tender. Add more liquid if necessary during cooking. It comes out tasting very good.
    Simmering it in broth on low heat, that's a great solution! Will do! Thanks a bunch!