Surgery

Options
Hi,

I’m not entirely sure which board to post this on but I am having my first consultation for a full tummy tuck and a breast reduction and lift on 1/31. Over the past decade I’ve had two babies and lost around 150 lbs so the loose skin is real. Has anyone else gone through these surgeries at the same time and can provide questions I should be asking my doctor at the consult? Or just any advice at all about the process? I’d very much appreciate it.

Replies

• ToffeeApple71
    ToffeeApple71 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Well done on your weight loss. I have no advice but will follow... as my excess skin is beginning to cause problems too. I'm thinking about having it removed but the whole idea is quite scary. (And expensive!)
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I have no experience but you may find this thread enlightening.
    Unfortunately, or maybe just an indication of success, @VUA21 no longer posts on MFP.

Cheers, h.

⚠️ WARNING IT IS GRAPHIC ⚠️

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10687999/tummy-surgery-after-180-pound-weight-loss-warning-some-graphic-pics/p1
  • plattef71
    plattef71 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I haven't had both but I did a tummy tuck 4 years ago. It's just brutal for recovery if you need to have your abdominus rectus muscles repaired. One thing to keep in mind is to eat as healthy as you possibly can to promote healing. Keep in mind while your body is in healing mode, your metabolism kicks into gear and you can require extra calories.
    Hydrate, rest and follow every instruction to the letter !