Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

Search and Sort in my Recipes

lenpearl
lenpearl Posts: 1 Member
I have 5 pages, and growing, of recipes I've entered. My wife experiments with new recipe ideas and our meal kit delivery service always has something new that I get into my food log by entering their recipe. Recipes end up in My Recipe Box in the order they were entered, so it can be easy to forget what's there and slow to browse the pages to find it. Being able to sort My Recipe Box and having a search function would be very helpful. Better would be if when adding food to the log, there was a search function for whichever tab was open in the checkbox list.
Tagged:
33 votes

Active · Last Updated

Replies

• heidiz93
    heidiz93 Posts: 1 Member
    I agree! I now have 10 pages of entered recipes and need the ability to search them. A feature to categorize would also be nice.
  • naturalle9
    naturalle9 Posts: 11 Member
    I also agree. I have about 16 pages of recipes and I will likely not see most of them again if I can't get to them through sorting or filtering.
  • susaninmontana
    susaninmontana Posts: 3 Member
    I totally agree! I have 15 pages of recipes and will occasionally edit some of them, but finding them is a royal pain! Even putting them in alphabetical order by name would be truly helpful!
  • narcyjear
    narcyjear Posts: 2 Member
    Yes! i just came back to MFP and was reacquainting myself and instantly remembered how annoying this is
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,108 Member
    I presume you are all referring to the (desktop) website? For those of you who weren't aware, the app lets you sort and search.
  • artisanbaker
    artisanbaker Posts: 1 Member
    It does appear the app on my iPhone is much more user friendly for searching than is my desktop.
  • dianeleason
    dianeleason Posts: 1 Member
    PLEASE add this function! Its impossible to find recipes that I've imported or created. I would greatly appreciate the ability to do that on a desktop.
  • bweb778
    bweb778 Posts: 2 Member
    Agree. I see that it is available in the phone app, why not add to the web??? Simple addition of functionality would make users' lives so much easier. I love using the desktop version to plan for the whole week and then tweak using the phone app throughout the week. So it would make so much sense to have a search.
  • jgoris430
    jgoris430 Posts: 2 Member
    Same...just came to search if there is a way to do this. It's so much easier to add a recipe on the desktop site (at least at first - I'll import and then update on the app later). Also the desktop is the only way to copy a recipe if you need to recreate a similar and just change some ingredients (e.g. using ground chicken vs ground beef and you want the recipes inputted for both).
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Lietchi wrote: »
    I presume you are all referring to the (desktop) website? For those of you who weren't aware, the app lets you sort and search.

The desktop site has literally not been updated since I joined MFP in 2011. I am not holding my breath lol I was hoping for a better experience once they got bought out but no such luck. Honestly, the only thing keeping me with MFP is the long history of data I have saved here. Otherwise, there are many apps that do what MFP does much better.
  • northernmom45
    northernmom45 Posts: 4 Member
    i have nearly 90 pages of my recipes to sort through - categories would be grand or a general search function would be even better
  • northernmom45
    northernmom45 Posts: 4 Member
    i realize the app allows search but i do not add to my recipes on my phone, only on my desktop
  • corrarjo
    corrarjo Posts: 1,157 Member
    If you search for the recipe on the phone app and edit (without changes) then save, the recipe will move to the top of the list. It's then simple to select it using the web app for editing or adding to your food diary.