What a Bummer

Options
Well this week I did not lose any weight.:sad: I exercised every day so that was a real disapointment. I reviewed my food diary for last week and saw room for improvement. Going to cut my portions back down and reduce some of the carbs. I also ate a lot of exercise calories last week. I guess it is too early in my process to be eating so much. Well last week is over and I have to move on. I've been sitting here on the couch every since I weighed. Haven't eaten breakfast. Haven't exercised.... Guess I'm depressed. When you have so much weight to lose it's disheartening to have a week when the scale doesn't move. I know there will be times like this just needed to vent and feel sorry for myself for a few minutes . Now let me get up.:smile:

Replies

• KimLooby
    KimLooby Posts: 1
    Options
    Kayle - Keep your chin up!!! I have struggled with my weight most of my life. I lost 70 pounds over a healthy period of time and remember those days....having a bad day or week is human and you are doing the best you can. I'm now trying to lose 30 pounds due to two pregnancies and no activity. I feel like it's an uphill battle again, but I'm going to set small goals - 5 lbs here and there and fit it into the other aspects of my busy life - a family, working full time etc....

You are doing awesome and acknowledging when we are having a tough time is what makes you so healthy!!! Take care. :smile:
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    It's easy to let one week's weigh in get you down. You have a plan for next week and you can do it...we know you can...plus your ticker says you've lost 13 lbs...awesome job!!!!
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost for 2 weeks but I know I have been nibbling on this and nibbling on that. I woke up today to the realization if I don't quit the weight will just start to come back. So, as long as we shake ourselves awake every now and then it's Ok. Like me you didn't gain, right. Let's both do better at our next weight in. I know what I have to do and you said you saw some changes you can make. We have the rest of our lives to get this right, and by eating right and exercises it should be a nice long one. Cheers.
  • melbhall
    melbhall Posts: 519
    Options
    Don't be so discouraged. You've already lost 13lbs...that's amazing! Furthermore, you didn't gain anything this week, which is also a success! Next week you may lose a couple of pounds! And it looks like you are doing all the right things so keep your chin up!
  • Katherine1687
    Katherine1687 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Everyone hits a plateau once in a while. It is deeply frustrating when you know you have been good.

Don't give up!!!!

Keep going with the exercise and if you think you need to change something then do it.

If you stick with it the weight WILL come off again.

I was stuck for 2 weeks but kept going and it started coming off again.

Have you measured yourself? Sometimes you may lose inches even when the scales stick.

Remember that this is not a quick fix but a life change!! What is one week in a lifetime?!

Keep going!!

Luv Kat