How to properly add barcodes for my recipes?

Options
is_this_taken
is_this_taken Posts: 4 Member
Hi!
I've been using MFP for years, using the custom recipes, having over 200 of them.
I would now like to print barcodes for my recipes.

Currently, the only way I know how is to generate and print a valid UPC code and then scan it with the app and use the "create new food" option.
That brings up the nutrition info to fill out, but I would like to enter ingredients instead.

Any ideas how to go about it?

The only thing that comes to mind is to first create the a regular recipe and then manually type in the nutrition info as a new food.
That is cumbersome.

Best Answer

• durden
    durden Posts: 3,310 MFP Staff
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi there! At this time it is not possible to associate a recipe with a barcode. Barcodes only interact with "Food Items" like what you find in our public database.

Answers

• is_this_taken
    is_this_taken Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    durden wrote: »
    Hi there! At this time it is not possible to associate a recipe with a barcode. Barcodes only interact with "Food Items" like what you find in our public database.

I see that as a big missed opportunity of MFP and one that is easy to implement.
    MFP would just need to add a popup asking if it is a retail UPC code or custom recipe and proceed from there. Or just make their own producer ID or even a completely custom barcode.
This discussion has been closed.