Hello fatness my old friend, I’ve come to talk to you again

Options
Thought I would give this a shot and see if I can motivate myself to get back in shape. 3 years ago I lost 180 pounds and got in great shape by doing a Zero carb diet. I loved in and kept it off for 3 years. Rewind 6 months ago and the birth of my 2nd child, and I’ve gained back 50 pounds, and no signs of stopping. My first daughter was super easy, this one has had colic and hasn’t stopped screaming for 6 months. My wife and I are so thankful for her, but she has been a handful. Everything that has been so easy for 3 years feels like walking on broken glass now.

I’ve seen this movie before and it ends with me getting back up over 400 pounds, so I need to nip this in the bud.

As I write this post I’ve just finished eating 2 cheese hot dogs, a double cheeseburger, two medium fries and two cupcakes.

I really hope this works because I would hate to get back to where I have to worry about breaking chairs in public or bringing my own belt extender on planes

Replies

• Coupongrl79
    Coupongrl79 Posts: 193 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    I have two and it was the same with my 2nd. The first year was really difficult with him. It got easier when he turned 1. Something to look forward to. Looks like it's been a couple days since you posted. How's the eating going?
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,229 Member
    Options
    I love the Simon and Garfunkel reference 🙂

It sounds like you have a lot going on. I'd start slow, if I were you: start just by logging, for example, without limiting your intake. And then making small gradual changes to your food intake.
    Great that you're taking action now, not waiting til your back at your starting weight. Wishing you success!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    My first baby a saint.

second? DEMON BABY.

but fast forward to high school years and reverse that.

I know now, why some animals kill their young. Amazing my first made it to adulthood, some days. or me to middle age. LOL

In any case, you know what to do. I do not personally subscribe to any particular DIET, other than reduced calories. I'd be a horrible wretch to be around if you took carbs away from me. But some like to do it that way, and that's fine if they do. It may make it easier to start small, just by logging what you eat, and gradually work on reducing calories and increasing activity, until new habits are formed.
  • gmhall6
    gmhall6 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have two and it was the same with my 2nd. The first year was really difficult with him. It got easier when he turned 1. Something to look forward to. Looks like it's been a couple days since you posted. How's the eating going?

Hi, thanks for replying. It’s actually going really well so far, but only on day 3 today but trying to keep positive.
  • Coupongrl79
    Coupongrl79 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    gmhall6 wrote: »
    but only on day 3 today

3 days makes a streak! Awesome work! The beginning is always hardest because you're trying to change your momentum. A few more days and it'll be so easy you'll be wondering why you ever got of track. Any food challenges you've won this weekend?
  • gmhall6
    gmhall6 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    gmhall6 wrote: »
    but only on day 3 today

3 days makes a streak! Awesome work! The beginning is always hardest because you're trying to change your momentum. A few more days and it'll be so easy you'll be wondering why you ever got of track. Any food challenges you've won this weekend?

Not as of yet. I think I’m still in my “starting again” high. And I’ve lost 18 pounds in 4 days, which is always fun but that pretty much always happens with zero carb. Your body soaks up water weight from all the carbs, and once it processes the glycogen dumps water. Now the real work begins haha