Help

Options
Hey everyone, I’ve been hitting the gym for years which I love but I just can’t control my eating….. I would love some friends to help me focus on what I need to to do and keep me going…… and I’m always up for helping others in anyway they need 👍🏼

Replies

• dblirondog
    dblirondog Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I decided to go with the total meal prep plan. So far it’s working great! No guessing on what or how much I’m eating. I’m learning to eat for sustenance instead of pleasure.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,913 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Are you logging? How’s your protein macro ? If I don’t keep protein really high- especially on gym days- I get hangry.

For other people, increasing fat or carbs can be the ticket to satiation.

Try experimenting with changing your macros up.

I’ve gotten in the habit of eating a low cal tortilla rolled with grilled chicken before I work out at 1, and then eating a second protein filled lunch when I get home. That’s been very helpful for controlling my hunger the rest of the day.

Another thing that worked well in hot weather was a simple smoothie with a serving of chocolate protein powder, a serving of cottage cheese or Greek yogurt, a few grams zero cal chocolate syrup and a buttload of ice. It was insanely filling, but I can’t do it in cooler weather because I get whole body freeze and start shaking uncontrollably.

Also, how’s your hydration? Sometimes you body misinterprets dehydration signals as hunger. Try having a large glass of water when you feel hungry and waiting ten minutes. Try an electrolyte supplement. Nuun tablets are awesome and average about ten calories. They magically carbonate an ordinary glass of water and taste all right, too.