New here and desperate

Options
Hi everyone, Like many of us I've struggled with my weight my whole life. Now, at 54, I have a calcified coronary artery, am on statins and aspirin and HAVE to lose weight. I have about 75lbs to lose but I have to take it a pound at a time. I'm looking forward to meeting you and having the chance to support each other and learn from each other

Replies

• FitnessFreak1821
    FitnessFreak1821 Posts: 242 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Hi! Take it one day at a time. I lost 42 pounds after my first baby in 2019 and currently trying to lose it all again after having my second baby this past april so that i'm in the healthy range for my age and height again. I lost 14/15 pounds since starting the end of June. I seem to be losing it abit slower this time around but I'm pushing on even through the plateaus and keeping a positive mind set. I log my food on here try to stay in my calorie limit but allow myself to go over now and then. I still eat out 1-2 times a week. I also use Sydney cummings work outs on youtube(all free)she has all kinds of workouts for every fitness level with modifications as well. She's the only trainer that I found and stuck with, I love her. She's very motivating. I also love to just go for a walk, that's always a good way to get some excercise. I hate the gym so that's what is working for myself the last almost 3 years. I'm hoping to get down just below my prepregnancy weight. It's definitely challenging at times but I found fitnesspal helped alot, and working out with a fitbit as well so I know what I'm burning approximately. Also keep in mind even though you may hit some plateaus working out is still making you stronger physically and mentally(I use to beat myself up over the number on the scale....year's ago I would just quit if I hit a plateau and go back to my old habits. I'm so glad i found what works for me and pushed on when I lost 42 pounds the first time). I wish you the best on your weightloss journey! 💪