Pants Sizing Question

Options
glassyo
glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
This is delicate and I don't know where else to turn. A quick google search was no help.

Soooooooooooo I bought a pair of sweats from Target that are everything I need. Cheap, comfy, warm, deep pockets, not too long in the legs. But there's one problem.

It's a little too friendly with my crotch and butt crack. Like there's a reason I don't wear a g string kinda friendly. :)

It fits perfect everywhere else!

It's size XS (why in the heck did that autocorrect to cd?) but all sizes have the same 28" inseam.

Will going to a S fix my problem?

Replies

• goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    If all of them have the same inseam, that means the difference between any given two sizes is going to be waist measurement. If you try wearing the XS lower on your hips so as to be more comfortable in the crotch and it keeps inching upward (presumably to where you are narrower), the S might stay in place a little better, but it's also possible that these pants are just lower-rise than you prefer for sweats, and sizing up is just going to make them wider without actually increasing the vertical distance between the waistband and the crotch.
  • glassyo
    Options
    Hmmm they're high rise and actually came up to a perfect place. I'm definitely not a low rise kinda girl.

The difference in waist is about an 1.5" and difference in hip is 2".

• KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    Usually, that means you need a longer inseam. So.. a 30" for example.

I have similar issues with most pants I wear ( dislike low-rise jeans and how they sit on my body), so I opt for mid or high rise jeans. My normal inseam *would be* a 32, but due to how I prefer wearing my jeans (and being able to comfortably sit and move in them without being hugged uncomfortably in the crotch), I've been going longer on the inseam for years (a 34 or 36). Though, for 36, I will usually have to hem the legs of the pants (unless they're skinny jeans/boyfriend jeans). Those are usually okay at 34 or 36.

Don't get me started on how hard it is to find a 34 or 36 inseam at most in person stores, though. Nearly impossible.
  • glassyo
    Options
    Usually, that means you need a longer inseam. So.. a 30" for example.

I have similar issues with most pants I wear ( dislike low-rise jeans and how they sit on my body), so I opt for mid or high rise jeans. My normal inseam *would be* a 32, but due to how I prefer wearing my jeans (and being able to comfortably sit and move in them without being hugged uncomfortably in the crotch), I've been going longer on the inseam for years (a 34 or 36). Though, for 36, I will usually have to hem the legs of the pants (unless they're skinny jeans/boyfriend jeans). Those are usually okay at 34 or 36.

Don't get me started on how hard it is to find a 34 or 36 inseam at most in person stores, though. Nearly impossible.

LOL. I'm 5'2". All inseams should be long on me. :)

But, ok, so sizing up won't help. I'll try them on again and see if the waist will stay down a bit.

Now, can we discuss the sweater that's perfect except for the roomy arms that'll just get in the way? :)