Food information

Options
I am sure many of you who have been on this site sometime probably already know this but I am mentioning it to the other newbies like myself.

This morning I had two scrambled eggs w/cheddar for breakfast, I selected one of the entries that already existed. The nutritional info seemed high, or I was just disappointed at how high it was. I took the time (I was being too lazy before) to calculate the information based on what I used from my kitchen and the numbers were different, significantly different.

This taught me a lesson about my own laziness, I have to put in the work myself.
I don't believe all the information is inaccurate, I use it to record drink information and snacks with brand names, but when making your own food it is better to calculate your own numbers.

Replies

• Danielle_81
    Danielle_81 Posts: 166
    Options
    I have found that even with foods with brand names and nutritional info clearly printed on the package it is often times different or inaccurate. I ALWAYS check the info now, and change it if it's off.
  • Paula_Addem
    Paula_Addem Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I have found that even with foods with brand names and nutritional info clearly printed on the package it is often times different or inaccurate. I ALWAYS check the info now, and change it if it's off.

I do the same! Thanks for posting!