Hello Everyone

I am a 29 year old male, living in Texas and this is the first time using MFP. at my heaviest i was always between 290-295 pounds, my goal weight is 220 which was my weight in college, I am 6 feet tall for those that are wondering. According to BMI charts my ideal weight is around 180 be be considered normal, but i have not been that light since high school.

I want to lose weight for health reasons and self esteem. for the health reasons is that i have a lot of relative with diabetes, high cholesterol, and high blood pressure. Fortunately i have normal blood sugar and blood pressure. sadly my cholesterol is high and i want to lose weight to bring that down.

For self esteem the reasons are obvious, to look better to fit in roller-coaster rides, but most of all to find clothes that fit me primarily shirts and sweaters

one thing that I have learn from tracking my food the past few days are how much calories some foods have such as tortillas

just to put it out there my doctor prescribed me Phentermine for a two month period, has anyone else been on it and if so, what was your experience with it

Replies

• gmhall6
    gmhall6 Posts: 5 Member
    Hey Carlos, I’m Greg in Texas as well. BMI is tricky, you’ll know what your right weight is when you get there. My mom was on phentermine but it didn’t seem to help her, hopefully it will work with you. Getting your mind right has always been what has helped me stick to it
  • nika11223344
    nika11223344 Posts: 3 Member
    Hi Carlos :) I also learn from tracking my food the past few days are how much calories and sugar some food has! I love oranges. I could eat 4 of them a day, then a banana, strawberries, 2x cappuccino...homemade fruit ice creams without added sugar... Then grapes..and still wondering why I couldn't loose my weight... :D anyway I hope your day is great!