Starting out on a low calorie diet

Options
Hi everyone. I am new here and tomorrow I will be starting a low calorie diet. I do have a lot of knowledge on what to eat but I am feeling nervous about this as I did start slimming world a few weeks ago and I've lost 8 pounds in two weeks so far. I am a single parent and keeping up with the costs of it is difficult and it's a lot of preparing so I have decided to join here plus my slimming world group wasnt supportive and neither was the consultant. If anyone can please give me some tips on how to stick to this and some foods that will fill me up as I'm worried I will go back to my old ways and binge. I am a comfort eater but I'm trying to change these habits and get healthier. Also someone did send me a firemd request and I accidentally deleted it so please send me it again. I havnt down a low calorie diet in 5 years now and I'm so used to eating really big portions. Any comments would greatly help me as I have no support of anyone. Thank you 😊

Replies

• Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    First of all some basic questions: what do you mean by "low calorie diet"? How many calories are you planning to eat, and what is your current height & weight? Are you active?

Many people go in too aggressively and eat too little and then cannot stick to it.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Welcome!
    First of all some basic questions: what do you mean by "low calorie diet"? How many calories are you planning to eat, and what is your current height & weight? Are you active?

Many people go in too aggressively and eat too little and then cannot stick to it.

Or.....have negative effects like hair loss, brittle nails, dizziness, or some even wind up in the hospital.

OP. MFP figures the correct daily calorie goal for you based on the information you give it. That is what you should eat everyday and use a digital food scale to weigh and measure your food and drink--then log it all. IF after about a month you are not seeing results, come back and ask for advice. Do this the right way.