Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

Calorie/Macros Database Clean-up

Options
HorseFly
HorseFly Posts: 9 Member
I've seen a lot of database entries where the calories could not possibly equal the macros. You should flag any items where the calories are not at least close to the protein/carb/fat measurements and give users the option to exclude those items from their searches. I realize some people just care about Calories or macros so you can't just delete them, but as someone who cares about accurate macros AND calories, it would be beneficial if they were checksummed.
2 votes

· Last Updated

Replies

• I2k4
    I2k4 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I made my annual donation to Wikipedia the other day, and occurs to me that operates in some ways similarly to the crowd-sourced food database here - I don't know the details but Wikipedia keeps a trusted cadre of volunteer monitors to deal with inaccurate or outright falsified edits to its articles, which are often of very high quality. Not volunteering myself, but there seem to be a lot of committed enthusiasts and I'd wonder if MFP couldn't recruit and vet some reliable members, and maybe reward them with subscriptions or perks, as a crew of database entry reviewers.