Hello! Professional yo-yo dieter here. Looking to make a lasting change 60!years old 275 pounds…

Replies

• maibutterfly
    maibutterfly Posts: 10 Member
    Hi! Me too! Here is to successful change!! Good Luck!
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 8,283 Member
    Hello! Professional yo-yo dieter here. Looking to make a lasting change 60!years old 275 pounds…

Welcome! I started three years ago at 56, and have lost nearly 100 here. I am very literally in the best shape of my life right now. There’s a lot of us older users here. My husband is 66 and he joined about four months ago and has already lost over 25.

Don’t let anyone tell you it’s harder to lose when you’re older, or feed you the line that “postmenopausal women can’t lose”. Horse hockey. It hasn’t been hard for either one of us.

It’s simply been weighing logging and being mindful, and adding some exercise in.

You’ll find several thread here for older users. Lmk if you need help finding them.

I recommend browsing and familiarizing yourself with these boards. They have been simply amazing in terms of wisdom, suggestions and support.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,733 Member
    Hi, there, and welcome!

I'm another "older loser": Joined at 59, lost almost a third of my bodyweight, class 1 obese to a healthy weight, in just less than a year. I'm 66 now, have maintained a healthy weight - and a decent fitness level - since then.

Age is no barrier: In fact, I think we have some advantages. By our stage of life, we tend to know ourselves pretty darned well. We know our preferences, strengths, limitations. Further, we've figured out, by achieving other big goals in our lives, how to exploit those to do what's needful. (The same skills that let us chip away at Big Things like education, career, raising families, building cosy homes, etc. - working at goals little by little, using our time and energy persistently, in wily, personalized ways - those can help us achieve a healthy body weight, improved fitness.)

The process is simple (maybe not easy every minute, but simple in a practical sense). You can do it by chipping away at it, persistently and patiently . . . just as I'm betting you've done with other big life goals.

Wishing you success!