BJJ & Other Martial Arts - ?

Options
Based on search results, not a lot of recent traffic - but any one that trains BJJ or other martials arts on MFP?

Replies

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,089 Member
    Options
    I don't practice currently, but back in my college days I found aikido to be a great study break.
  • Goal200_Matt
    Goal200_Matt Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I trained Aikido for a few months....very interesting. I have a karate, then tae kwon do, then Judo, now Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu journey/path. I just like it (OK, love it).
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,089 Member
    Options
    I tried dipping my toe into karate and tae kwon do, but whether it was the instructor or the art itself, it just wasn't for me.
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Shorin-Ryu karateka here. Been training for 8 years now and love it!
  • claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options
    Sadly no more, used to train TKD (2nd Dan and instructor) but the injuries weren’t really compatible with work and life. Absolutely loved it and I do miss it, but I now obsess about Olympic weightlifting instead!
  • Goal200_Matt
    Options
    millerll wrote: »
    Shorin-Ryu karateka here. Been training for 8 years now and love it!

my martial arts journey started with karate "back in the day"
  • Goal200_Matt
    Options
    Sadly no more, used to train TKD (2nd Dan and instructor) but the injuries weren’t really compatible with work and life. Absolutely loved it and I do miss it, but I now obsess about Olympic weightlifting instead!

Trained TKD for a bit - highlight of it was getting to see the Korean National Team perform in person. Phenomenal!
  • Joechuks01
    Joechuks01 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I train muay thai two times a week and then do strength and conditioning on the other days with one day of rest in between. Its really hard and takes it's toll on my body but I still LOVE IT !!! Do you train or are you thinking of starting a martial art ?
  • Goal200_Matt
    Options
    Joechuks01 wrote: »
    Hi,

I train muay thai two times a week and then do strength and conditioning on the other days with one day of rest in between. Its really hard and takes it's toll on my body but I still LOVE IT !!! Do you train or are you thinking of starting a martial art ?

I actively train BJJ & "Striking" (MMA based striking, so it's a mix of boxing, kickboxing, & Muay Thai).