Major motivation loss

Hey everyone. Just got congratulated for being with fitnesspal for 6 years. In that 6 years I have never reached or stuck at my goal. It’s not the app. I’ve used Noom. Trust me. It’s not the app!!!

I get bouts of energy and motivation. Obviously doesn’t usually last long enough to see a result - well until I plummeted and lost al motivation and added about 1 stone again. This time I feel heavier than the first time. Lethargic and I’m constantly eating or thinking of food.

Does anyone else get like this.

I feel like I know what I should do to help me get back on track but this time I’m struggling to start.

Replies

• Rsrs35
    Rsrs35 Posts: 46 Member
    @goal06082021
    This is exactly what I needed. The reminder - bite sized chunks & baby baby steps is fine. Also back to basics. I guess it’s a new day everyday… you start by doing the same things, get out of bed and brush your teeth etc. but once you set that foundation in place that’s that you do. It’s second Nature. You just know it’s the best start to your day. so I need to approach this first in a way that sets my good habits up so that it’s second Nature.
    Thanks for this - you have really helped me out.

I will take another read later - and start slow as you listed. Let you know how I get on.

Thanks bud!
  • MaggieGirl135
    MaggieGirl135 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Goal’s comments are spot on. To answer your question, yes, I think about food for much of the day. I plan, prep, and eat food throughout the day. I log my food for the day in the morning and then adjust it, as the day goes on. I am sometimes hungry, and yet, depending on the time, I may have to delay eating because otherwise, I would eat too many calories early in the day and be starving later and have too few calories left. What do I do at that time? Get busy! I get involved with tasks and stop thinking about food. Maybe I have less hunger than I’m thinking and have just more of a desire to eat!
  • Rsrs35
    Rsrs35 Posts: 46 Member
    @MaggieGirl135 I feel you on the hunger pangs but agree more desire to eat for sure! Trying to place my hunger on a scale 0-10. I’m at zero straight after a good meal… and then now stick my timer on for 3 hours (especially if I hit zero!)
    I set the timer according to how long my next meal will take to prepare and I’m trying to check in on my hunger levels before eating, I also think I’m Thirsty most of the time I feel hungry so trying to drink a glass of water… and wait and see how I feel.