Fitbit Synch - Followed Instructions

Options
DaffyGirl88
DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,527 Member
Hello,

I've done the steps to connect my MFP and Fitbit accounts (uninstall, reinstall, connect apps) and on my phone my diary shows no exercise calories and I get the message in the picture (I cannot uncheck the box that says do not track steps). But when I look at my diary online I have 289 extra calories from exercising. Any ideas on how I can fix this? Thanks!
uzj6s4ux2jce.jpg

Best Answer

• Betty
    Betty Posts: 8,817 MFP Staff
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello, Our tech team has been working on our steps service this week which hit a few snags. Please take a look at this support article and if you are still running into issues, please contact support by clicking on this link: https://myfitnesspal.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new or send an email to support@myfitnesspal.com with your device information, and exact problem and our support team will investigate.

Answers

• DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,527 Member
    Options
    Betty wrote: »
    Hello, Our tech team has been working on our steps service this week which hit a few snags. Please take a look at this support article and if you are still running into issues, please contact support by clicking on this link: https://myfitnesspal.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new or send an email to support@myfitnesspal.com with your device information, and exact problem and our support team will investigate.

Thanks, however I have already read and followed those steps. And my question asked why my diary says one thing via conputer but something else via phone app.
  • Betty
    Betty Posts: 8,817 MFP Staff
    Options
    Betty wrote: »

Thanks, however I have already read and followed those steps. And my question asked why my diary says one thing via conputer but something else via phone app.

Hi @DaffyGirl88, We are still experiencing issues with the Fitbit sync and hope to have it resolved as soon as possible. The current step sync issues are likely what is causing the discrepancies you are seeing between the app and website. We will continue to update that support article until the issue is resolved. Additionally if you contact support they can log your ticket and provide any additional updates or troubleshooting steps.
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I am still having issues as well and my device keeps unlinking from MFP. It seems to be synching about once a day, but when I tap for more information it shows that the last synch was at some weird time (1550 calories at 1:36 AM, for example), so that would indicate maybe a time zone issue...? I have uninstalled/re-installed the app from my iPhone already. I have also seen the issue where I get a calorie adjustment, but 0 steps.
  • fit19gramma
    fit19gramma Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Mine isn’t working either, but I found this work-around. Every morning I go into apps on MFP before my walk and disconnect Fitbit. Then I reconnect and allow MFP to access all. Until the bug is resolved it works.
  • owholmes3
    owholmes3 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    @fit19gramma - you shouldn’t have to perform a work around each time you go for a walk, especially if you are paying $ to be a Premium MFP member (like me). I’ve been doing the same thing myself but no solutions have been provided and it’s been a couple of months now.
  • fit19gramma
    fit19gramma Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    @owholmes3 I agree 100%!
This discussion has been closed.