Ladies only please some advice?

Hi girls

I have been exercising for a while and have lost some weight ( I have never been overweight) and recently been exercising more intensely. I want to be lean and toned like a fitness model
Stats:
110pounds/ 49kg
5f 1'
I only exercise 1 hour a day 6 days a week, alternating between cardio and weights.
Now....
I have not had a period in 3 months??? Is this normal? Happened to anyone?
I still have body fat and I wouldn't call my exercise excessive and I eat well 1200 net cal a day etc etc

Help?

Replies

• Hi Jessie,

My similarly tiny and fit friend went through the same thing. She was under a lot of stress at work at the time, maybe this is true for you? She also wasn't sexually active for a while. Her periods have normalized now that she has a boyfriend. She is less stressed and sexually active. I think both were important in her case. Hormones are weird, I know a woman who got married after being single for fourty years of her life, and suddenly her receding hair came back!

Not sure if this helps you in particular, but worth a shot. :) (Sorry if TMI!)

- Julie
  • elliej
    elliej Posts: 466 Member
    My pedestrian medical knowledge suggests your stats don't indicate you're so thin that this would happen. I'd go to a doctor - just to be on the safe side. It might be nothing but it won't hurt to check.
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Go to a doctor. We are in no position to give you medical advice about something like this. It could be stress, weight, or something more serious.
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Doctor! :)
  • jessiefreedman
    jessiefreedman Posts: 28 Member
    Thanks everyone