Hello I'm Stacey

Options
Hi! I've used MFP before, but it's taken me a while to build effective habits and I'm still learning to build the systems I need to be fit and healthy. I've lost almost 20kg this year (2022), which feels awesome! But I'm still obese. It's been so eye opening to learn how much I don't know about eating well and exercising enough. This time I'm using my fitness pal to understand these things and have a clear reference point when discussing with professionals
Tagged:

Replies

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,520 Member
    Options
    But…. You’ve lost 20kg.

Don’t diminish that. That is a true accomplishment and you should be really proud!

That’s awesome you’re working with professionals.

Read these boards religiously. I agree with you. I was (still am) so ignorant about food, dietary needs, exercise. How to eat and and how to move. It seems stupidly simple, right? Why is this not intuitive knowledge?

I have learnt so much here. Diet myths. Food and loss tips. How to set habits. Exercise advice. Even great advice on shoes, Body Glide (eternal hugs to whoever recommended that miracle product!), so much good advice.

Also, if you can afford or borrow one, fitness trackers are amazing. (And can be crazy motivation if you respond to digital attaboys.)

Hugs and much success to you. Sincerely hope we’ll see you contributing to the boards. You’re already a successful loser, so don’t be shy!