Can I add breastfeeding to my daily allowance?

Options
donia127
donia127 Posts: 1 Member
Can I add breastfeeding to my daily allowance? Is there a sitting?

Answers

• s1im62
    s1im62 Posts: 29,821 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    IMO anything that adds to your calorie intake or subtracts from your bodily calorie content is fair game.
    I suppose it's not technically an 'exercise' in the traditional sense, but I think it would be best be logged under the Exercise side, since that is where 'negative calories' are accounted. I use the exercise log that way for when I donate blood or platelets, to account for the calorie loss associated with the blood/platelets removed. In order for an exercise to include a calorie value, it must be in the 'Cardio' category.
    I did not find breastfeeding in the exercise database, but you can add it by doing 'Add Exercise' in your exercise log, then search for it. When the system doesn't find the activity in the database, it will then give you an option to add it to the database at the bottom of the page.
    According to what I saw on a quick search, it should typically amount to between 450 to 500 calories per day. Since the log wants to have a time duration, I suggest you assign a time based on an approximation of how much time is spent feeding per day, and use that for the duration, and then put in the number for calories burned in a day.
This discussion has been closed.