Over night weight loss

Options
2»

Replies

• rachseby
    rachseby Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Pick one. Weekly at the same time of day, or do it daily. You can fluctuate up to 5 lbs in a week naturally. Your body is a biological system trying to maintain a balance. Its normal. Consistency will tell you if you are losing true weight or not.

Personally I weight daily and ignore increases (and what they could mean to my self-esteem). I've tracked for months in a row, charted it, and there is a definite up and down swing for me. I dont sweat the up-swing because I know that my cycle has a huge impact on it. "Real" weightloss for me is a few days after my period ends. That is my lowest point consistently and if I have lost weight/inches thats when I see it. You are looking for a pattern, not a daily number.
    Definitely this^^^!
  • leebesstoad
    leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Pick one. Weekly at the same time of day, or do it daily. You can fluctuate up to 5 lbs in a week naturally. Your body is a biological system trying to maintain a balance. Its normal. Consistency will tell you if you are losing true weight or not.

Personally I weight daily and ignore increases (and what they could mean to my self-esteem). I've tracked for months in a row, charted it, and there is a definite up and down swing for me. I dont sweat the up-swing because I know that my cycle has a huge impact on it. "Real" weightloss for me is a few days after my period ends. That is my lowest point consistently and if I have lost weight/inches thats when I see it. You are looking for a pattern, not a daily number.
    Definitely this^^^!

I can, and do, fluctuate far more than 5 pounds within a week. Usually 10 or more. Which is the reason why daily can freak you out if you get emotional (up or down) about every little fluctuation. If it's no big deal, daily is fine. If you fret over every single tenth of a pound, don't do it.
  • mike_ny
    mike_ny Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    The first week is usually the easiest for weight loss. The change in eating habits may be hard, but you can drop quite a few pounds in the first week, which most people assume is mostly water weight. After that you'll have to really stick with it to maintain a half or pound per week and will still have some plateau weeks where you don't seem to budge much at all.

Trying to lose any amount of weight is at least a six month to a year commitment and easily much more plus maintenance, but once you drop a couple sizes and feel better than you have in years, it's well worth all the effort.
  • lindacollins78
    lindacollins78 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Ha! I did the same thing. Dropped 8lbs in the first 2 days! Of course, now that I'm over 100 days in, it's slowed way way down so expect that. I've heard it's water weight lost or food weight lost in the digestive system or the stars were aligned just right.

Just throw it up to good fortune and continue your journey knowing not to expect that kind of crazy drop in the future.

Good Luck!
  • Aishteru85
    Aishteru85 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    While I do weigh myself every day with that same method of doing it when I first wake up, naked and after I pee and I write down that weight every day in a little notebook - its good for me to see how I fluctuate and what my trends are - BUT I only have one official weigh-in day each week which I post on here. I find it's a good balance to see those day to day ups and downs but then see the overall downward trend with the weekly weigh-ins :) Keep it up!

This is a very good suggestion. I'll probably implement this. Thank You!
This discussion has been closed.