Surprise Keto Guests!

Options
MsCzar
MsCzar Posts: 1,042 Member
edited December 2021 in Recipes
Grrr! Yesterday I braved Costco on Christmas Eve to make sure my house was stocked for holiday visitors. $65USD later, I find out at least one guest has gone KETO. Ugh! Even if I wanted to, I found out too late to do any more shopping.
If anyone had bothered to impart that little nugget of information sooner, I could have easily created a whole keto-ganza kitchen - including sweet treats.
I was originally planning a lasagne and lobster ravioli made with tomato meat/sausage sauce. At this point, I am forced to shop my freezer and wondering if my guests would appreciate stir-fried eel. :D
I have homemade veggie soup, but I think it had garbanzo beans in it. I also have butternut squash curried soup made with coconut milk. Not sure if either of those would qualify as keto. I have plenty of cheese and butter, cabbage, minced beef and maaaybeee some frozen fish.

Ideas desperately welcomed.

Replies

• MsCzar
    MsCzar Posts: 1,042 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Agree! To be fair, no one asked to be catered to - and I suspect that was the reason for not telling me in advance.
    I did manage to unearth and thaw a couple of large chicken thighs. Those can be oven baked in 35 minutes after a pan start to crisp the skin. I don't mind making some stir-fried green beans with slivered almonds to go with. Had I known, I'd have grabbed some Portobello mushrooms.
    Still made the lasagne/lobster ravioli which will be served with garlic bread, cheesecake, pumpkin pie and cookies.
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    FWIW, the meal you're describing sounds freakin' phenomenal!