How do you put P90X workouts in your MFP diary?

Options
Hi,

I'm looking to start the P90x workout and was wondering how people log this on their MFP. Any suggestions?

Replies

• hollydohrman
    hollydohrman Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I added them manually. I have a heart rate monitor that gave me the calories burned.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    i suggest you just custom set your calories and macros to those outlined in the nutrition guide and don't bother logging the workouts.
  • bcs806
    bcs806 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I create a new exercise and do them manually using my heart rate monitor. The problem with going with a set number is that it isn't based on YOU. Every time I do a workout I burn a different number of calories. I input my weight and age into my heart rate monitor and it calculates it for me based on my heart rate during the exercise. Check ebay and Amazon, they usually have them pretty cheap. If you need any help I would be happy to give you my info. I am actually a Beachbody coach and I have a support team you could join for free. Just finished P90x myself. LOVED it!
  • mrslcoop
    mrslcoop Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I log one minute and one calorie. This is just for me to keep record that I worked out that day. I only do the lifting routines and on those days eat more than the MFP method says I should (my TDEE-20). A little confusing I know, but it works for me.
  • mndamon
    mndamon Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I added them manually. I have a heart rate monitor that gave me the calories burned.

^^^ This
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm looking to start the P90x workout and was wondering how people log this on their MFP. Any suggestions?

A couple ideas .....

Find your TDEE - total daily expenditure .... calories you use based on activity level (including) exercise

http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html

Because TDEE includes exercise ..... you don't need to log it here on MFP. Just take a percentage off of TDEE to lose weight.

Another idea ....MFP has calorie burn guesstimates for generic exercises:

Cardio - high impact aerobics

Cardio - circuit training (this is anything that combines cardio & strength)

Cardio - strength training

It's a good idea to get other on-line estimates as well ......MFP tends to be on the high side for many activities ..... you might log a percentage.