No treat days?

Options
Okay, so here's the thing - I have been on MFP since January & doing pretty well. I have lost 20lbs and am only around half a stone from my target now. I had a bit of a break in June/July as I lost my way a bit after my holiday and gained a few pounds back which I have lost again. So - all good.

But...there have been a couple of special occasions over the last two weekends - my mum's birthday on the 18th and my godson's first birthday party last weekend. Went for a meal out on the first Sunday, had a roast dinner and about quarter of my pudding and couldn't manage any more. Then spent the next two days with a stomach ache barely able to eat at all :/ Following weekend we were away for the party, so choice of food was limited. I didn't go overboard entirely but had a few "naughty"foods. Next day we had a BBQ and I enjoyed it though ate far less than I would have last year!

Have spent the last few days bloated and in pain. Wake up call about stomach shrinkage maybe, but any advice on how to have the occasional treat day without regretting it?

Replies

• endoftheside
    endoftheside Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Do you think it was the quantity you ate or the type of food that caused the problem?

I have certain foods that really just do not agree with me and it is very noticeable now that I generally eat better. Those foods aren't worth it anymore.

There are other foods that are not part of my everyday rotation, but are OK as a special treat as long as I only eat a limited amount at one time, and I've had to figure out by trial and error what a "moderate" portion of these foods is.

In addition, with party/BBQ food there is a greater than normal chance of getting food poisoning due to food sitting around at unsafe temperatures, so it could be something as simple as that and nothing to do with the food choices/quantities.

I think if you pay attention to what/how much you are eating at these events, you will eventually figure out the sweet spot of what/how much you can treat yourself without wreaking havoc on your digestion.
  • JLN1974
    JLN1974 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your reply. I think you are right and maybe certain foods just don't agree with me anymore, just got to figure out what!