Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

HI, I am Serena

sereney
sereney Posts: 69 Member
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone, I am Serena. I have struggled with my weight for about the last 5 years- since I had my son. I have been on a few weight loss plans and lost weight, but I never really stuck with it. I am ready for a change in my life. I want to be healthier and happier with me. I tend to stay very busy during the day, but it just seems to be the ordinary day. I try to walk about 5 days a week, but sometimes time constraints just don't allow it. I have several friends who have been losing weight for a while now and they look great. I am always hearing people compliment them on how they look, which is awesome, but I would also like to hear the compliments. I am ready and focused on losing some weight. I have lost some weight already, just by cutting out the fast food and coffee all day. My favorite drink is now water, so I know I am on the right track. My family is not the best support, just because they tend to eat a lot of fatty food. It is very challenging to make the right food choices when this is all they eat. I know portion control is a big challenge for me. I have noticed that my caloric intake is higher on days that I am home with family rather than at work, so I really need to change that. I guess you could say I am here to find some positive support towards my weight loss and stratagies to avoid all the fatty foods. :)

Replies

• MarieS1967
    MarieS1967 Posts: 37 Member
    Hi Serena,
    You are in the right place. FP is a great tool to track you meals and calories. The message boards are great to vent your frustrations and get ideas from others who may have the same issues, with negative family /friends, work, time restrictions, etc.

Good luck and stay positive, Marie Elena
  • KrissyD70
    KrissyD70 Posts: 92
    Hi Serena, welcome to MFP. I think you will find the support you need here on this site. Keep up the good work with the changes you have made. Feel free to friend request me.
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    welcome this is a great site!!! wishing you much success in your journey to a new you!!
  • sereney
    Thank you all for the support. This is just what I need.
  • tcam70455
    tcam70455 Posts: 128 Member
    Welcome to MFP. This is a great site with easy tools and awesome support. I understand the frustrations of eating better away from family and portion control. Having to log in all my food, has helped me not to overload or go back for seconds. Feel free to friend me.
  • jcadwell
    jcadwell Posts: 2
    Hi Serena,

I'm new to myfitnesspal also. I have been counting calories for a month on my own, but I think I'm going to track here instead. I find it really hard to eat only 1500 calories a day (my goal), and I usually end up eating about 1700 instead, which is still headed in the right direction, I suppose. I've never had any kids, but I am 33, and I have a belly that would be nice to get rid of. But I hate situps. :(. Anyway, I saw your introduction and wanted to wish you well! You can do it! Stay positive, and remember that you're making choices. I've been trying to myself, "yes, I WANT to have that...but I'm CHOOSING not to." Then I feel empowered instead of feeling like I'm being deprived. Best of luck to you!
    -Jill
  • sereney
    Jill,
    Welcome to myfitnesspal as well. I think that counting calories is a great way to actually be accountable for what you eat. I struggle with counting as I tend to slack off. I am determined to keep up on it this time. I think that it makes us more aware of what we are actually eating. I have noticed when I do count, I tend to pay more attention to what I am eating and make healthier choices. With counting calories, I do think that there are days we can go over, but remember that you can start fresh the next day and make healthier choices. I am with you on the situps. I have found that walking nightly helps with the weight loss as well as it is a good stress relief. Its kinda like killing 2 birds with one stone :) Anyways good luck to you as well and feel free to add me as a friend if you would like.
This discussion has been closed.