Bad habits

Options
Hi everyone, so it's not that I'm new, I'm just restarting again, gone thru a horrible break up that's lead me in a rollercoaster of eating. I've gained so much weight since eating my feelings away and I'm sick of it. I feel horrible. I'm finally feeling better and I am able to move on, well some what, but first things first, I gotta get that motivation again. Has this ever happened to any of you ?

Replies

• JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,477 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about the breakup; that's always rough. Here's to moving on & making some improvements!
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,544 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Sorta but my breakup was with family members and a family business. It’s traumatic any time you break up a relationship, be they lovers or “loved ones”. We don’t like change, unless it’s for what we’ve got, to get better. Sometimes it just……wont, no matter how hard you try.

Likewise, I drowned my sorrows in chocolate , cookies, cake, and more more more.

Flip it around. Fate may have forced an incredible favor you were too weak to initiate yourself. Take advantage of the opportunity.

Seize the day. Really and truly, seize the day.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,154 Member
    Options
    Motivation really isn't a good foundation to build good health on, habits are. No one is motivated to brush their teeth or do the dishes :wink: it's just something that needs to be done.

I would suggest focusing less on the bad habits to break, and focus more on the good habits to build: logging regularly, sticking to your calorie goal, getting some movement in.
    So just start small and build on those small changes to create good habits. The smaller you start, the less motivation you need.
  • Xellercin
    Xellercin Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    What are you going to replace the comfort-eating with? If it's a go-to response to stress, then you will need a healthier replacement strategy for dealing with those feelings that you normally eat your way through.