KarenSmith2018 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Marathon PB

Trail marathon race

10 linked strict pull ups
  • BethJE17
    BethJE17 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Train for and run my 2nd Marathon...main goal is to get back on track living a healthy lifestyle! Not getting Covid again would be awesome too :#
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Options
    With a very serious A type personality that, at times, borders unhealthy, I'm just working to keep healthy, stay focused at work and keep up with my current workout schedule. It's rigorous enough for me -- 6 cardio sessions a week for an hour (two hard) and two lifting sessions a week. I'm considering adding in a 3rd lifting session.

Mainly though, similar to Ann, it's about staying healthy and functional. I'd like to lose around 8 to 10 lbs as well -- I've been in maintenance 10 years, but I'm close to my "red line" of 200 lbs. I carry low 190s really well but to be ripped I need to be in the mid to high 180s. To achieve this, I already eat pretty healthy, it's more about just asking myself when I eat, "do I want this and am I hungry?". I don't calorie count any longer (did religiously for 7 or so years). And eliminating the calorie bombs, which I know what they are already.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    mirianyusm wrote: »
    In this order although # 2 will come before # 1
    1 Marathon PR
    2 Olympic Triathlon and keep training for a Half Ironman
    3 Get to 140lbs

HIM is the best distance. Fun to train for and even more fun to race!!
  • matt9712
    matt9712 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Lots of great goals on here!! Hope we are all successful with them!
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,971 Member
    Options
    Complete my "Win the Day" critical tasks every day (fallen short 2 days so far over dumb things, but successfully have done 11 days since starting it).

The tasks will vary, but every day one task per category:
    1 - Nutrition
    2 - Mental Preparedness/well being
    3 - Fitness
    4 - Career
    5 - Open - "Life"

I've always sucked at doing the small daily things to get me to my big goals, and it shows in my life. Heard about this through a podcast I have been listening to, and it hit home on being the "thing" I miss - historically I would run hard, not get the results, and redirect. I want to focus on making the small wins - every day - so I can go to bed knowing I "did the things" but with a focus on the bigger goals....
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    Most of my cycling events over the last two years were cancelled, so I just want to get back into that. I think I'm done with 1/2 century rides as I just don't have the time to train for those anymore...but I have four 25 mile rides on my radar for this year. One is in May and while it's only 25 miles, it's a lot of climbing in the mountains that I need to get ready for. The other three still have dates TBD. Two are really flat and fun because you can just gun it, the other is a good combination of climbs, descents, and flats through the open desert.
  • Booboobeedoop
    Booboobeedoop Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    To lose as much weight as possible 👍
  • matt9712
    matt9712 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    To lose as much weight as possible 👍

You got this!
  • redduck1963
    redduck1963 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    After seven years of no work-life balance I'm putting my personal wellbeing in the forefront, which for me means getting back into endurance sports. I have a half marathon in April that I am training for, and a 60 mile gravel bike race in June. I'd also like to drop another ten pounds, but that is more in support of the other goals than an end unto itself.
  • mirianyusm
    mirianyusm Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Djproulx wrote: »
    1 Marathon PR
    3 Get to 140lbs

Is it? It scares me a little but running my first marathon also scared me but I did it. Fear won't stop me so I will definitely try in 2023. At least that is the intention.
  • Squatcleananddeadlift
    Options
    My main goal is to hit
    1x 0.75 BW Bench Press
    1x 1.5 BW Squat
    1x 1.5 BW Deadlift - not as good as my squat.

I also want to do:
    My first push up
    Assisted pull-up (currently my friend has to help me along with a band)
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Djproulx wrote: »
    1 Marathon PR
    3 Get to 140lbs

Is it? It scares me a little but running my first marathon also scared me but I did it. Fear won't stop me so I will definitely try in 2023. At least that is the intention.

I can understand the apprehension when signing up for a very challenging race such as a HIM. Hell, I've done a bunch of them and I still get butterflies :) The KEY is to follow a training plan and take the training in chunks. Spend more time on your weakest discipline - in my case that was swimming. And on race day, TRUST your training. You will succeed if you do that.

The Half Iron distance is my favorite for several reasons: 1) It's a big enough challenge that finishing a 70.3 distance race feels very satisfying. 2) There are usually big crowds, both athletes and spectators. 3) The positive energy on race day is unlike most any other thing I've experienced.

Good luck!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,249 Member
    Options
    Run a half marathon again in May and bench press my body weight by the end of the year.

Like many I've slacked off over the past couple of years with no in-person racing but now that it's back. The good part is that the running is going well, my longest runs so far this year are, compared to my old training volume, pretty short but as log as I remain injury free between now and May I'm confident that it's doable.