JUST FOR TODAY--One Day at a Time--Daily Commitment Thread for 2022

Options

Replies

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Thursday
    1. Park walk.
    2. School; journal. Postcards to brothers.
    3. Duolingo. Review research article. Outline blog post?
    4. Reading - Libby. Update Goodreads.
    5. Write S&F and Clois!!
    6. Write description for SSTK & SJ. YMCA classes!
    7. Organize office.
    8. Evening: Podcast. Dinner: Vindaloo. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Update JFT.
    9. Bedtime: Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Lang8?
    10. Upcoming: Set up digital portfolio. Print voter registration sign for Oct. Check with D about trunk or treat and about signups for farmer's market and backpack blessings. Sat 6 Sept 17. Draft inspogram script 2. Sat take Starbucks card on walk; LIBRARY, Art open house! T2Tchat revision. Usher 9/30 Fri solo and 10/13 Thu w Lee. Oct 13 pack for weekend trip to visit family!

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of 2021: 194.4
    Today: 204.8

Long-term goals/progress

1. Professional / read current research. 2. Professional / present at conferences. 3. Professional / publish scholarly articles. 4. Professional / observe student needs and develop supports. 5. Professional / complete a doctorate. 6. Personal / retire comfortably. 7. Personal / renovate house. 8. Community / local progress. 9. Community / time with friends & family. 10. Medical/fitness.

1. Research: Five paragraph essay. How student attitudes affect standardized test results; student surveys.

2. Presenting: Develop proposals for GCTE 2023. Promote YT channel. Invite guests.

3. Publishing: Read one journal article weekly; respond in a blog post. Clois for CWG. S&F for YT channel. Goodreads purchase list for McKay’s.

4. Observed student needs: Changing words between parts of speech (vocabulary/grammar). Synthesizing info from multiple sources, drawing conclusions (RI/W). EFFECTIVE transitions (W). Every day v everyday; any one v anyone (grammar). Sub/obj pronouns & structure (grammar). Poss v pl nouns (grammar). Short nonfic from Lat Amer/Africa/Asia (World Lit).

5. Doctorate: Research programs, requirements, resources, cost, timeline.

6. Retirement: Update name on JSSB acct. Check investments. Do years of service transfer? Theater CV. Entertainment experience. Duolingo/Lang8.

7. House: Floor joists. Siding. Gutters. Floors.

8. Local progress: Library. Theater. PC2V. City/county govt. Community kitchen. She Should Run vision statement. Ugly Christmas sweater / Hawaiian shirt. Push for diversity. Turn left!

9. Friends & fam: Organize photos. Write postcards. Call weekly! Look for activities to do with friends. Purchase doll with long hair; practice French braid. Dance: tap, salsa, samba.

10. Medical: YMCA classes. Lift @ lunch. Maintain @ 155 w defined muscle tone. Talk to PCP about feet (cannot do calf raises, pushups, planks, mountain climbers, etc.) Also back and shoulder pain. Why can’t I sleep better? Cadaver donation – waiting for official form and wallet card. Indochino Atlanta/Nashville. Dentist RS cleaning. PCP Oct 21 10:30 TEL. Therapy Sep 21 3P. Obgyn Mar 16 1P.

WFTY: Focus.
    2020 WFTY: Progress. 2021 WFTY: Persistence.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,327 Member
    Options
    @Bex953172 thanks for the vote of confidence. We all have our highlight reels, but the bloopers are there too.
  • more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,605 Member
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won’t eat again until with my friend. I think we’rechoing to have lunch together. If wecdon’t have lunch, I can eat my own stuff after 4pm here.
  • beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was a pretty good day. I got lots done and still found time for a walk at the beach with my daughter before we picked up the boys and took them for ice cream to mark the last day of summer.

Recap - Wednesday, 9/21
    Log - :)
    Hydrate - :)
    Exercise outdoors - :)
    Make banana muffins - No
    Plant mums - :)
    2 indoor chores - :)
    Monitoring due - :)
    Grading and prep - :)

JFT Thursday, 9/22
    Log
    Hydrate
    Exercise
    Make banana muffins
    Start laundry
  • emgracewrites
    emgracewrites Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Goals for 9/22
    - minimum 1300 calories
    - Minimum 32 oz of water
    - Yoga
    - 2 errands (grocery store, post office)
    - 2 chores
    - Medical follow up

My ‘why’ for today: I want to change my life for the better
  • more_freggies76
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won’t eat again until dinner with my friend.

Having a great time but eating is totally abnormal for me. What? ..more sausage, paté, bread and cheese?? :o
  • pridesabtch
    Options

JFT Wednesday
    - weigh 😀
    - Work by 8:00 😞
    - Work on documents 😀
    - Work on complaint 😀
    - Take mom to doctor
    - Return watch
    - Grocery
    - Dinner
    - Need by 10:30

Have a happy hump day!

My why: To make my girls proud of me!

Yesterday was a bit taxing taking mom for her dementia evaluation. Doc talked to her for 30 min, talked to me for 30 min, then did her testing which took another 45 minutes. She was very anxious by the time we left, which meant she was very repetitive. She just kept asking how long we were there an commenting on how long it seemed.

Other than that the day was uneventful, I ran some errands and told my husband I spent $200 on a new dress watch. It was 60% off, so originally it was a %500 watch. I'm calling it a good deal and it's beautiful and delicate. Many of the watches these days, even the nice ones, are just so big. I like to wear bracelets with them so I need smaller. That and I have tiny hands and wrists.

Today, I got up and went to work, just to turn around and come home. They are working above my office again, so I am working from home. Later this evening V is doing her first session of senior pictures. I really excited to see what Steve comes up with for locations. His first picks were booked, but hopefully he has a back up plan. She is technically home sick again today, but seems to be starting to feel a bit better. This is day 4 out of school. She's still in be this morning, but she was up coughing since about 4:00 this morning. Took her meds around 6:30, now she is sleeping peacefully.

Goals for today:
    JFT Thursday
    - Up by 7:00 :smiley:
    - Weigh :smiley: Weight was up a tick, but it's TOM damn female bloating
    - Work by 8:00 :smiley:
    - Document management
    - Do mom's bills :smiley:
    - Call Mom's financial consultant :smiley:
    - Laundry
    - Mini meals
    - Log food
    - Stay green
    - Drink water
    - Senior pictures
    - Dinner out most likely
    - Bed by 10:30

"Why" for the day is the same as yesterday: To make my girls proud of me.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    Options
    Recap 9/21 ~ Happy Hump Day ~ impromptu rest day
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks :) 7.8K 27 floors 13/14
    2) Net calories zero / 96 oz. water :neutral: Not bad for no workout, net cals -297, sodium -677, fiber carbs protein good, calcium low, 96 oz water
    3) Online courses ~ time for 1 / complete webinar summary form for each course, pdf & digital sign / submit forms w/ CPEs no time / catch up emails? / T31? only if MG returns folder ~ yes, and that led to whole bunch of stuff, but eventually draft report issued ~ yay
    4) Walk dog to park sorry dog / prep clothes & lunch for noon group hike Th / wash dishes / another ta-da? Sorted, organized & filed 3 yrs of CPE records brought home from office, minor decluttering TA-DA! :smiley:
    5) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / pray / 5:40 alarm (walk dog before work)

JFT 9/22 R
    1) Walked dog 3.49 mi before work :smiley: happy dog & happy me
    2) Move hourly / pace during webinar / group trail hike at noon
    3) Net calories zero / 96 oz. water
    4) PA-E&T f/u mgmt response (not sure if report is req'd) / cRisk Academy req'd courses / Facebook Live video / AICPA webinar 2-3 / any time to clear emails? / draft emails for F
    5) Not sure what I'll do in evening, but at least 1 ta-da
    6) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / pray / 5:40 alarm (walk dog before work)

Wowza, what a change in weather this week. Earlier, high temps reached 80(F). This morning was 46(F) when I got up. First day of autumn, and I realized this morning my alarm went off exactly one hour before sunrise LOL. Wearing my LED & reflective gear for walks before work now.

About me: Carmela
    Height 5'4"
    64 yrs old
    Reside in Green Bay, WI, USA

2022 Goals: mainly updates from the last two years
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I track daily on a separate app (for the visual). My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~
    • 1.31.22 forgot to measure & log (DDS 8:20, quick stops at bread store & grocery essentials, then to mom & dad's for her bday)
    • 3.1.22 (still recovering from flu 2.23-2.25)
    • 3.31.22 maintaining not gaining
    • 4.30.22 barely maintaining
    • 5.31.22 ack
    • 6.30.22 ups & downs in June, but no worse at end of month
    • 8.2.22 up again ~ gah! (lazy in July & ate whatever I wanted)
    • 9.1.22 not doing so great eating-wise
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking dog, treadmill in winter, but include weights/my home version of circuit & other x-training
    • Started PT (physical therapy) exercises 1.28.22 due to overuse of arthritic knees
    6) Participate in race or challenge events hopefully fewer virtual this year ~
    • started MapMyWalk app You Vs. the Year 1,022km challenge on Jan. 1
    • Frenzy on the Fox (River Trail) 5K on 1.21.22 ~ untimed event, per MapMyWalk 53.47 & ave. pace 16:30, frigid this year with wind chill at zero
    • registered for Seroogy's Valentine 5K on 2.5.22 ~ medico nixed race b/c inflammation in knee due to overuse & my arthritis = sad me but good for my knee
    • Bellin 10K on 6.11.22 (first time in person since 2019) ~ 1:41:02 ave. pace 16:27 first half 51:35 second half 50:26 & knees were fine :star: happy me
    • Packers 5K on 7.16.22 ~ 48:48 average pace 15:43 finished 37/81 in my age group (I'm oldest year in range haha)
    • Registered for Bellin Women's 5K on 10/1/22 (Packers 5K discount yay)
    • will register for Run for the Hill of It (trail) 5K on 10/8/22 (price goes up in Sept) ~ reconsidered due to knees on nature trails with rocks, tree roots & finishing up a very steep sledding hill... have decided not doing this year (maybe ever again = sad me b/c I love train events)
    • watch for other events to add
    • maybe Jingle Bell 5K in person this year? need to watch for
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last two years to be continued
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ keeping this goal as well
    9) Continue to declutter bedroom, home office, former work from home space (a/k/a dining room) and basement ~ not much progress lately, at least dining room done
    Word for 2022: Tenacity ~ persistent determination; the mental strength to resist opposition, danger or hardship
  • dvmmcw8273
    dvmmcw8273 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Today’s WHY- Because I know that I can 😊💁🏻‍♀️
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won’t eat again until tomorrow.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Friday
    1. Park walk. Commute podcast.
    2. School; journal. Record new video?
    3. Duolingo. Review research article. Outline blog post?
    4. Reading - Libby. Update Goodreads.
    5. Write S&F and Clois!!
    6. Write description for Wishlists & SJ. Shoot new SJ. Booster and SoHo gift cert. Check grocery list.
    7. Organize office.
    8. Evening: Booster. She-Hulk and AE. Dinner: Salad. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Update JFT.
    9. Bedtime: Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Lang8?
    10. Upcoming: Set up digital portfolio. Print voter registration sign for Oct. Check with D about trunk or treat and about signups for farmer's market and backpack blessings. Sat 6 Sept 17. Draft inspogram script 2. Sat take Starbucks card on walk; LIBRARY, Art open house! T2Tchat revision. Usher 9/30 Fri solo and 10/13 Thu w Lee. Oct 13 pack for weekend trip to visit family!

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of 2021: 194.4
    Today: 204.0

Long-term goals/progress

1. Professional / read current research. 2. Professional / present at conferences. 3. Professional / publish scholarly articles. 4. Professional / observe student needs and develop supports. 5. Professional / complete a doctorate. 6. Personal / retire comfortably. 7. Personal / renovate house. 8. Community / local progress. 9. Community / time with friends & family. 10. Medical/fitness.

1. Research: Five paragraph essay. How student attitudes affect standardized test results; student surveys.

2. Presenting: Develop proposals for GCTE 2023. Promote YT channel. Invite guests.

3. Publishing: Read one journal article weekly; respond in a blog post. Clois for CWG. S&F for YT channel. Goodreads purchase list for McKay’s.

4. Observed student needs: Changing words between parts of speech (vocabulary/grammar). Synthesizing info from multiple sources, drawing conclusions (RI/W). EFFECTIVE transitions (W). Every day v everyday; any one v anyone (grammar). Sub/obj pronouns & structure (grammar). Poss v pl nouns (grammar). Short nonfic from Lat Amer/Africa/Asia (World Lit).

5. Doctorate: Research programs, requirements, resources, cost, timeline.

6. Retirement: Update name on JSSB acct. Check investments. Do years of service transfer? Theater CV. Entertainment experience. Duolingo/Lang8.

7. House: Floor joists. Siding. Gutters. Floors.

8. Local progress: Library. Theater. PC2V. City/county govt. Community kitchen. She Should Run vision statement. Ugly Christmas sweater / Hawaiian shirt. Push for diversity. Turn left!

9. Friends & fam: Organize photos. Write postcards. Call weekly! Look for activities to do with friends. Purchase doll with long hair; practice French braid. Dance: tap, salsa, samba.

10. Medical: YMCA classes. Lift @ lunch. Maintain @ 155 w defined muscle tone. Talk to PCP about feet (cannot do calf raises, pushups, planks, mountain climbers, etc.) Also back and shoulder pain. Why can’t I sleep better? Cadaver donation – put card in wallet. Indochino Atlanta/Nashville. Dentist RS cleaning. PCP Oct 21 10:30 TEL. Therapy Oct 26 8A and Nov 21 11A. Obgyn Mar 16 1P.

WFTY: Focus. Even whooshier. Love it.
    2020 WFTY: Progress. 2021 WFTY: Persistence.
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - early lunch. Now I won’t et again until after 5 pm
  • pridesabtch
    Options

Goals for today:
    JFT Thursday
    - Weigh :smiley: Weight was up a tick, but it's TOM damn female bloating
    - Document management
    - Do mom's bills :smiley:
    - Call Mom's financial consultant :smiley:
    - Laundry :smiley:
    - Mini meals :smiley:
    - Log food :smiley:
    - Stay green :smiley:
    - Drink water :(
    - Senior pictures :smiley:
    - Dinner out most likely :smiley:
    - Bed by 10:30 :(

Yesterday was a good day. I showed up to work and was sent home to work, so I got tons of laundry done during the day and got to watch The Price is Right. That's a big deal, lol.

In the evening we went and did V's first session of senior photos. It went really well. I really like the photographer I hired. He isn't real well known around here for senior pics, he does more television and professional shots, but I know him from riding bikes and he's great to work with. He got some really amazing shots last night that I hope turn out as neat as they looked. I couldn't get over just how grown up my baby girl looked. Boy she is a beautiful young lady with her own unique style.

After photos we went out to dinner and then she introduced my to a new album she got by Black Pink, a K-pop band. I surprisingly really liked it, and it's fun just hanging out with my baby girl.

Today is a half day at work. Take V's new shoes to the shoe repair place, the strap broke last night. She was totally bummed those are what she wants to wear to homecoming next weekend. Hopefully the shoe place can get them fixed in time...

Then I'll shower and get ready and Tim and I will head out of town for the reunion weekend. Jeans and sweater for the game tonight and my fancy dress for tomorrow night. It makes me feel so pretty...

Anyway, time for goals

JFT Friday!!!
    - Weigh :smiley:
    - Do a training session at 8:30 :smiley:
    - Check in with MFP :smiley:
    - Mini meals
    - Water
    - Log food
    - Shoe repair shop
    - Get ready & pack
    - Travel
    - Check in
    - Tailgate / Football Game / maybe bonfire
    - Relax the diet a bit... but not go overboard
    - Stay up as late as I want, cause I can sleep in tomorrow.

Love y'all!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Recap 9/22 R
    1) Walked dog 3.49 mi before work :smiley: happy dog & happy me
    2) Move hourly / pace during webinar / group trail hike at noon ~ hiked w/ Sue, Laura, Judy & had great time 1.34 mi on beautiful day. 18.4K 33 floors 14/14 boom! :mrgreen:
    3) Net calories zero / 96 oz. water :smiley: 2 workouts mean I can eat more LOL. Net cals green 226, sodium RED ack! fiber spot on, carbs good, protein & calcium low, water 104 oz.
    4) PA-E&T f/u mgmt response (not sure if report is req'd) ~ no report but I emailed to let mgmt know final status is good / cRisk Academy req'd courses ~ 2 more done / Facebook Live video no time / AICPA webinar 2-3 / any time to clear emails? / draft emails for F ~ yay, drafts ready for letting work colleagues know of my retirement, wait to send until I give official notice
    5) Not sure what I'll do in evening, but at least 1 ta-da :p no ta-da, lazy evening & hubby time <3
    6) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / pray / 5:40 alarm (walk dog before work) ~ bed early, so tired again, why?

JFT 9/23 F
    1) Walked dog 3.45 mi before work, temp was 39(F) & I dressed appropriately :smiley: happy dog & happy me
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks
    3) Net calories zero / 96 oz water
    4) Last cRisk Academy req'd courses / Facebook Live video / complete webinar summaries, pdf & digital sign / submit forms with CPEs / update Project Status s/s / update & submit PRO, PAR, HW weekly s/s's... boy, I won't miss doing these! / catch up email backlog
    5) Dishes in dishwasher / recharge Fitbit / another ta-da?
    6) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / pray / 7:15 alarm (farmers market, walk dog, remember to pick up eggroll order from Hmong congregation)

Had planned to give my notice of retirement to my manager today, but last minute yesterday at noon,
    she put vacation time on the schedule for the rest of the day/week. Typical. LOL Well, my letter is dated and signed, guess I'll give it to her next week. Office/building is deserted today... the usual "telecommuting" and PTO on a Friday.
    About me: Carmela
    Height 5'4"
    64 yrs old
    Reside in Green Bay, WI, USA

2022 Goals: mainly updates from the last two years
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I track daily on a separate app (for the visual). My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~
    • 1.31.22 forgot to measure & log (DDS 8:20, quick stops at bread store & grocery essentials, then to mom & dad's for her bday)
    • 3.1.22 (still recovering from flu 2.23-2.25)
    • 3.31.22 maintaining not gaining
    • 4.30.22 barely maintaining
    • 5.31.22 ack
    • 6.30.22 ups & downs in June, but no worse at end of month
    • 8.2.22 up again ~ gah! (lazy in July & ate whatever I wanted)
    • 9.1.22 not doing so great eating-wise
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking dog, treadmill in winter, but include weights/my home version of circuit & other x-training
    • Started PT (physical therapy) exercises 1.28.22 due to overuse of arthritic knees
    6) Participate in race or challenge events hopefully fewer virtual this year ~
    • started MapMyWalk app You Vs. the Year 1,022km challenge on Jan. 1
    • Frenzy on the Fox (River Trail) 5K on 1.21.22 ~ untimed event, per MapMyWalk 53.47 & ave. pace 16:30, frigid this year with wind chill at zero
    • registered for Seroogy's Valentine 5K on 2.5.22 ~ medico nixed race b/c inflammation in knee due to overuse & my arthritis = sad me but good for my knee
    • Bellin 10K on 6.11.22 (first time in person since 2019) ~ 1:41:02 ave. pace 16:27 first half 51:35 second half 50:26 & knees were fine :star: happy me
    • Packers 5K on 7.16.22 ~ 48:48 average pace 15:43 finished 37/81 in my age group (I'm oldest year in range haha)
    • Registered for Bellin Women's 5K on 10/1/22 (Packers 5K discount yay)
    • will register for Run for the Hill of It (trail) 5K on 10/8/22 (price goes up in Sept) ~ reconsidered due to knees on nature trails with rocks, tree roots & finishing up a very steep sledding hill... have decided not doing this year (maybe ever again = sad me b/c I love train events)
    • watch for other events to add
    • maybe Jingle Bell 5K in person this year? need to watch for
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last two years to be continued
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ keeping this goal as well
    9) Continue to declutter bedroom, home office, former work from home space (a/k/a dining room) and basement ~ not much progress lately, at least dining room done
    Word for 2022: Tenacity ~ persistent determination; the mental strength to resist opposition, danger or hardship
  • pridesabtch
    Options

Had planned to give my notice of retirement to my manager today, but last minute yesterday at noon,
    she put vacation time on the schedule for the rest of the day/week. Typical. LOL Well, my letter is dated and signed, guess I'll give it to her next week. Office/building is deserted today... the usual "telecommuting" and PTO on a Friday.

SOOOO excited for you!!!!!
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won’t eat again until tomorrow.
  • beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's plan was upended by additional errands and my daughter coming over to do some paperwork, but I did get the muffins done in time for her to take them home for the kids. Todays plans are similarly loose, but I'm hoping to get out for a walk at some point.

Recap - Thursday, 9/22
    Log - :)
    Hydrate - :)
    Exercise - No
    Make banana muffins - :)
    Start laundry - No

JFT Friday, 9/23
    Log
    Hydrate
    Outdoor walk?
    Morning meeting
    Straighten house for the weekend