Options

Replies

• more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,769 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options

JFT for 10/30/2022 (yesterday)✔️
    1) Can have dessert day. (last 10/22)✔️
    2) None of DH's stash today & none ice cream that my friend brought, except for my dessert. ✔️
    3) No peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 10/28)✔️
    4) Don't weigh again until Monday, 10/31.✔️
    5) Up to 1.5 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 10/25). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (a little in honey mustard ok)✔️
    7) Nuts ok (22-26 g), but none of Gary's peanuts today.✔️
    8) No beef jerky today.✔️
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage today (last 10/19) (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)✔️
    10) Italian sausage ok today (last 10/28) (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)✔️
    11) Sweet potato ok today.Didn't eat today.✔️
    12) Flexibility when we eat out with FIL.✔️

JFT for 10/310/2022 (today)✔️
    1) No dessert day, unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added. (last 10/30)
    2) None of DH's stash today & none ice cream that my friend brought.
    3) No peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 10/28)
    4) Don't weigh again until Monday, 10/31.
    5) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 10/30). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (a little in honey mustard ok)
    7) Nuts ok (22-26 g), but none of Gary's peanuts today.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage today (last 10/19) (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)
    10) No italian sausage ok today (last 10/30) (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)
    11) Sweet potato ok today.
    12) Flexibility when I eat out with friend.

Hour commitment - After my coffee stuff, I won't eat again until lunch with my friend.
    Since MFP is going to close the blogs soon, I have to move my 4DWs (4 Day Wins) here.
    ================== 4DW started 10/22 =============
    Now in shared file:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zarlETHtkiVUD1O6BKpHA7GCNFJS8IdF/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Still not feeling well, so I sent a message to my family doctor hoping he will have suggestions or different course of treatment to kick this stuff. It's been 2 weeks! UGH. I've also been weaning off a medication that I've taken for anxiety and depression for 10 years (since chemotherapy) which causes light-headedness and migraines so I'm guessing that isn't exactly helping either. LOL Good Lord. One day I'm going to wake up and feel good and I'm not going to know what to do! 🤗😁😃

Okay, done whining. On with my day!

@cschmitz110515 I didn't make it to to the farmer's market even once this year. I'm sad that I let another whole season pass. I need to make things a priority before I run out of seasons!

@Bex953172 I would like to watch the Netflix series you mentioned also. Just saw trailer and it looks good! I have not watched the Dahmer series yet. I just haven't gotten myself to do it...I think maybe because he lived so near to Green Bay and that just creeps me out? What a horrible thing that was. I remember watching the news as it unfolded. It was hard to believe what was happening! Also, when I was a teenager and lived in a different Wisconsin town, there was a different serial killer who had lived about an hour's drive named Ed Gein who did creepy stuff too. His house ended up being burned down, I remember. Sure makes me proud to live in WI! hahahaha! I've been binge-watching things I don't have to think much about, like seasons of The Great British Baking show and Virgin River. I've placed quite a few movies and series in My List for when I'm feeling better though. Also....NICE MAKE-UP JOB! and how fun to do with the kiddos! Happy Halloween! 🎃🧛‍♀️🧙‍♂️

JFT Monday, 31 Oct
    • 24H Plan
    • Assess yesterday's 24H plan
    • Log food and close food diary at end of day
    • Drink at least 48 oz of water/hot herbal tea/decaf fluids....working up to consistent 64 oz per day.
    • 30 minutes of activity...close that ring on my watch today. Even if it is in 5 minute increments throughout the day. GET OFF THE COUCH!
    • To-Do's (Pick any): Laundry, bedroom, wooden floors, declutter something. Ta-da's?
    • Self-Care 30 min (Pick any): Journal. Podcasts. Gentle Chair Yoga. Lymphedema massage right arm. Tai Chi. Inspirational Readings. Simple Abundance. Calm app.
    • Evening Routine

WOTY 2022 - Intentional: What is an intentional mindset?
    In its simplest form, an intentional mindset is a habitual, purposeful, and committed way of thinking with the overall goal of having a positive impact on your life.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,520 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    @Bex953172 Love the make-up!

@PackerFanInGB I have no interest in seeing the Dahmer story... I think it being so close to home, I just can't. I hate horror movies, and creepy stuff just doesn't interest me. Funny you mentioned Ed G... my oldest brother used to work in Plainfield on occasion for the local crop dusting company, until the family business split parts up.

Recap 10/30 Sunday
    1) Choir sang 7:45 & 9:00 church services :smiley:
    2) Walked dog 3.89 mi & saw bunch of turkeys crossing the road :smiley: happy dog & happy me
    3) Move hourly :smiley: 14.6K 21 floors 14/14 boom!
    4) Pan-fry perch & roast Brussels sprouts for supper / log all food lol / net calories zero / >64 oz water >:) I'm just not keeping calories/sodium down like I need to! -308 and -1,371 ACK! Fiber ok, protein & carbs good, calcium not bad. 72 oz. water
    5) More rain water jugs into house & down to basement ~ all 64 filled gallon jugs in basement, have a few more to fill before draining for winter / PM sister re dad's bday ~ I need to make food for family lunch on Sat. & HOW did I forget to get bday card for dad? / bank xfer / finish thank you to SW / email aunt J / write short letter to El / create account for UnitedHealth / another ta-da? washed dishes, prepped overnight oats, some digital decluttering & misc TA-DA!
    6) Packers game 7:30 :s yuck, I couldn't even watch the entire game, 2 (that I saw) 4th and short & couldn't even get that done / floss / retainers / pray

JFT 10/31 M
    1) Month end measurements >:) ACK! / log on MFP
    2) Walked dog 3.54 mi, taking advantage of wonderful late Oct weather while temps above normal & sunny skies, dog treat at Al's :sunglasses: happy dog & happy me
    3) Breakfast, coffee & daily devotions with hubby :smiley:
    4) Move hourly
    5) Leftovers for supper / net calories zero / >64 oz. water
    6) Trick or treat hours 4-7 (hubby will stay in basement with dog) / clear more stuff in dining room from former work office / finish thank you to SW / email aunt J / write short letter to El / create account for UnitedHealth / review card stock ~ anything suitable for Dad? / review recipes for Sat. / another ta-da?
    7) FLOSS / RETAINERS / pray

About me:
    I'm Carmela
    Height 5'4"
    65 yrs old
    Reside in Green Bay, WI, USA

2022 Goals: mainly updates from the last two years
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I track daily on a separate app (for the visual). My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~
    • 1.31.22 forgot to measure & log (DDS 8:20, quick stops at bread store & grocery essentials, then to mom & dad's for her bday)
    • 3.1.22 (still recovering from flu 2.23-2.25)
    • 3.31.22 maintaining not gaining
    • 4.30.22 barely maintaining
    • 5.31.22 ack
    • 6.30.22 ups & downs in June, but no worse at end of month
    • 8.2.22 up again ~ gah! (lazy in July & ate whatever I wanted)
    • 9.1.22 not doing so great eating-wise
    • 9.30.22 leveling off, starting downwards again :)
    • 10.31.22 not pretty... I can't stand being this heavy again!
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking dog, treadmill in winter, but include weights/my home version of circuit & other x-training
    • Started PT (physical therapy) exercises 1.28.22 due to overuse of arthritic knees
    6) Participate in race or challenge events hopefully fewer virtual this year ~
    • started MapMyWalk app You Vs. the Year 1,022km challenge on Jan. 1
    • Frenzy on the Fox (River Trail) 5K on 1.21.22 ~ untimed event, per MapMyWalk 53.47 & ave. pace 16:30, frigid this year with wind chill at zero
    • registered for Seroogy's Valentine 5K on 2.5.22 ~ medico nixed race b/c inflammation in knee due to overuse & my arthritis = sad me but good for my knee
    • Bellin 10K on 6.11.22 (first time in person since 2019) ~ 1:41:02 ave. pace 16:27 first half 51:35 second half 50:26 & knees were fine :star: happy me
    • Packers 5K on 7.16.22 ~ 48:48 average pace 15:43 finished 37/81 in my age group (I'm oldest year in range haha)
    • Bellin Women's 5K on 10/1/22 (Packers 5K discount yay) ~ 48:56 ave. pace 15:45 overall 202 of 296 :star: not too shabby 9 days before I turned 65yo
    • register for Run for the Hill of It (trail) 5K on 10/8/22 (price goes up in Sept) ~ reconsidered due to knees on nature trails with rocks, tree roots & finishing up a very steep sledding hill... have decided not doing this year (maybe ever again = sad me b/c I love trail events)
    • watch for other events to add
    • maybe Jingle Bell 5K in person this year? need to watch for
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last two years to be continued
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ keeping this goal as well
    9) Continue to declutter bedroom, home office, former work from home space (a/k/a dining room) and basement ~ not much progress lately, at least dining room done
    Word for 2022: Tenacity ~ persistent determination; the mental strength to resist opposition, danger or hardship
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,104 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Still not feeling well, so I sent a message to my family doctor hoping he will have suggestions or different course of treatment to kick this stuff. It's been 2 weeks! UGH. I've also been weaning off a medication that I've taken for anxiety and depression for 10 years (since chemotherapy) which causes light-headedness and migraines so I'm guessing that isn't exactly helping either. LOL Good Lord. One day I'm going to wake up and feel good and I'm not going to know what to do! 🤗😁😃

Okay, done whining. On with my day!

@cschmitz110515 I didn't make it to to the farmer's market even once this year. I'm sad that I let another whole season pass. I need to make things a priority before I run out of seasons!

@Bex953172 I would like to watch the Netflix series you mentioned also. Just saw trailer and it looks good! I have not watched the Dahmer series yet. I just haven't gotten myself to do it...I think maybe because he lived so near to Green Bay and that just creeps me out? What a horrible thing that was. I remember watching the news as it unfolded. It was hard to believe what was happening! Also, when I was a teenager and lived in a different Wisconsin town, there was a different serial killer who had lived about an hour's drive named Ed Gein who did creepy stuff too. His house ended up being burned down, I remember. Sure makes me proud to live in WI! hahahaha! I've been binge-watching things I don't have to think much about, like seasons of The Great British Baking show and Virgin River. I've placed quite a few movies and series in My List for when I'm feeling better though. Also....NICE MAKE-UP JOB! and how fun to do with the kiddos! Happy Halloween! 🎃🧛‍♀️🧙‍♂️

JFT Monday, 31 Oct
    • 24H Plan
    • Assess yesterday's 24H plan
    • Log food and close food diary at end of day
    • Drink at least 48 oz of water/hot herbal tea/decaf fluids....working up to consistent 64 oz per day.
    • 30 minutes of activity...close that ring on my watch today. Even if it is in 5 minute increments throughout the day. GET OFF THE COUCH!
    • To-Do's (Pick any): Laundry, bedroom, wooden floors, declutter something. Ta-da's?
    • Self-Care 30 min (Pick any): Journal. Podcasts. Gentle Chair Yoga. Lymphedema massage right arm. Tai Chi. Inspirational Readings. Simple Abundance. Calm app.
    • Evening Routine

WOTY 2022 - Intentional: What is an intentional mindset?
    In its simplest form, an intentional mindset is a habitual, purposeful, and committed way of thinking with the overall goal of having a positive impact on your life.

Oh god of course! I think Dahmer was around Miluakee? (god how do you spell that 🤣) but I didn't realise that was near Wisconsin!
    Weirdly enough I think Ed Gein was also mentioned in the series but don't quote me on that.

Haha no way do you watch Great British Bake Off! That's awesome!
    I watched an American one the other day? It was on telly caller Big Bake? But Halloween themed. It was good. They made HUGE cakes!
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 5 pm. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - After my sweet potato, I won't eat again until tomorrow.
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    JFT for 10/31/2022 (today)✔️
    1) No dessert day, unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added. (last 10/30)✔️
    2) None of DH's stash today & none ice cream that my friend brought. ✔️
    4) Don't weigh again until Monday, 10/31.✔️
    5) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 10/30). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage today (last 10/19) (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)✔️
    10) No Italian sausage ok today (last 10/30) (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)✔️
    11) Sweet potato ok today.✔️
    12) Flexibility when I eat out with friend.✔️

JFT for 11/1/2022 (tomorrow)✔️
    4) Don't weigh again until Thursday, 11/3.
    5) Up to 1.5 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 10/30). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage today (last 10/19) (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)
    10) No italian sausage ok today (last 10/30) (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)
    11) No sweet potato today.

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.
    Since MFP is going to close the blogs soon, I have to move my 4DWs (4 Day Wins) here.
    Now in shared file:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zarlETHtkiVUD1O6BKpHA7GCNFJS8IdF/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true

• emgracewrites
    emgracewrites Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Goals for 10/31
    - 40 oz of water ❌
    - Log all food ✅
    - No grazing allowed ❌
    - Yoga ✅
    - One household chore ✅
    - Finish editing WIP ❌

Didn’t get near enough water today, and still can’t seem to stop myself from wanting all the sweet and salty junk food I can get my hands on after the work day ends.

Made progress with the editing. Just 12 pages left, but they’re in pretty rough shape and I’m too tired to make them make sense tonight. I’ll take another stab at it tomorrow.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Tuesday
    1. THINK PINK. Update IG.
    2. Shoot sub script.
    3. Finish objects script & shoot.
    4. Reading - Libby. Update Goodreads!
    5. Write S&F and Clois.
    6. YMCA classes.
    7. Organize office.
    8. Evening: Tweetchat. Dinner: Soup. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Update JFT.
    9. Bedtime: Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth.
    10. Upcoming: Set up digital portfolio. Create online signups for trunk or treat and farmer's market and backpack blessings. Sat6 Nov 8. Sat take Starbucks card on walk! When to set up interviews with Alex & Jake about what's needed for teacher prep?? Get elastic for shoes & take to shoe repair. Practice livestream w Google Meet. McKay's with Cora for driving practice? Clear up porch before beginning Christmas projects. How many cratesful of books are in the room; how often do we need to remove a crate in order to be done by May?

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of 2021: 194.4
    Today: 201.0

Long-term goals/progress

1. Professional / read current research. 2. Professional / present at conferences. 3. Professional / publish scholarly articles. 4. Professional / observe student needs and develop supports. 5. Professional / complete a doctorate. 6. Personal / retire comfortably. 7. Personal / renovate house. 8. Community / local progress. 9. Community / time with friends & family. 10. Medical/fitness.

1. Research: Five paragraph essay. How student attitudes affect standardized test results; student surveys.

2. Presenting: Promote YT channel. Invite guests.

3. Publishing: Read one journal article weekly; respond in a blog post. Clois for CWG. S&F for YT channel. Goodreads purchase list for McKay’s.

4. Observed student needs: Changing words between parts of speech (vocabulary/grammar). Synthesizing info from multiple sources, drawing conclusions (RI/W). EFFECTIVE transitions (W). Every day v everyday; any one v anyone (grammar). Sub/obj pronouns & structure (grammar). Poss v pl nouns (grammar). Short nonfic from Lat Amer/Africa/Asia (World Lit). ALA conference registration by March.

5. Doctorate: Research programs, requirements, resources, cost, timeline.

6. Retirement: Update name on JSSB acct. Check investments. Do years of service transfer? Theater CV. Entertainment experience. Duolingo/Lang8.

7. House: Floor joists. Siding. Gutters. Floors.

8. Local progress: Library. Theater. PC2V. City/county govt. Community kitchen. She Should Run vision statement. Ugly Christmas sweater / Hawaiian shirt. Push for diversity. Turn left!

9. Friends & extended family: Organize photos. Write postcards. Call weekly! Look for activities to do with friends. Purchase doll with long hair; practice French braid. Dance: tap, salsa, samba.

10. Immediate family: 20m room cleaning daily. When room is clean, nap together. Zoo? Drive white car together; practice solo driving. Load books in crate for McKay's. Work on staying home solo when dark. When is annual checkup? When is next therapy appt? Discuss regressive behaviors & becoming nonverbal when upset.

11. Medical: YMCA classes. Lift @ lunch. Maintain @ 155 w defined muscle tone. At 199, 1pr black 1pr white leggings; Hawaiian shirt. Talk to PCP about feet (cannot do calf raises, pushups, planks, mountain climbers, etc.) Also back and shoulder pain. Why can’t I sleep better? Is ADHD a possible factor? Indochino Atlanta/Nashville. Dentist RS cleaning. PCP Oct 21 10:30 TEL. Therapy Oct 26 8A and Nov 21 11A. How to respond to regressive behavior? Obgyn Mar 16 1P.

WFTY: Focus. I hope they picked me :(
    2020 WFTY: Progress. 2021 WFTY: Persistence.
  • emgracewrites
    emgracewrites Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Goals for 10/31
    - 40 oz of water
    - Log all food
    - No grazing allowed
    - Yoga
    - One household chore
    - Finish editing WIP
    - Write - NaNo Day 1
    - Job hunt

Every year in November there are some crazy people who take on the challenge of writing a novel (50,000 words) in a month. I’m one of them. Taking it one day at a time so I can call myself a winner this year.

Also going to make it a priority to drink more water today and make healthier eating choices.
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Okay, trying again now the kids are back in school!

I've pulled my neck muscles so exercise is out for the time being.

JFT Tues 1 Nov

- Log all food
    - Minimum of 6 waters
    - 10k steps
    - Walk the dog
    - DO NOT EAT JUNK FOOD

I had a food shop delivery today, didn't account for the fact I've still got 1kg of carrots from last week and a whole cucumber which are still fresh. So they can now be my bedtime snacks, atleast then I can snack in bed but it's healthy!

My Why: To feel more confident in my own skin
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,387 Member
    Options

JFT Goals
    - Work by 8:00 :smiley:
    - Meetings until 9:00 :smiley:
    - Issue a SCAR :smiley:
    - Do a practice vs procedure audit :smiley:
    - Mini Meals :smiley:
    - Healthy Dinner :smiley:
    - Dress up (or not) :smiley:
    - Give out candy :smiley:
    - Bed by 10:00pm :smiley:

My goals weren't exactly big yesterday, but I got them done. Today I think I'll add logging food. Yesterday was work and trick or treat. I opted for dressing as a cat. The costume hubby bought me was rather slutty (lol) so I wore a blouse and a skirt over it. Made it family friendly. The evening started off very rainy, but after about 45 minutes the rain stopped. My cat even came over to help me hand out candy. She doesn't really like people, but the crowds were small due to the weather. Usually there are cars full of people who come to our neighborhood, but last night it was just the neighborhood kids plus a few extras.

6e9ewrsbxvbh.jpg
    56jrc23naaai.jpg

I did eat some candy, but not a lot. Still a better day than I have had in a while. Giving myself this week to get the bloat down before I weigh in and see what the actual damage is.

Not sure if I'm going to a business dinner this evening or to Bible Study... The dinner is a team thing, and will probably be more fun, but I bailed on Bible Study last week. We'll see. Maybe I'll skip both and get my nails done...

JFT Tuesday
    - Work by 8:00 :smiley:
    - 8:00 meeting :(
    - 8:30 meeting :smiley:
    - Quality presentation :smiley:
    - Work on monthly quality metrics
    - Mini Meals
    - Log Food
    - Stay Green
    - Nails/Dinner/Bible Study
    - Bed by 11:00

• more_freggies76
    edited November 2022
    Options
    JFT for 11/1/2022 (today)✔️
    5) Up to 1.5 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 10/30). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    11) No sweet potato today.
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 12 pm.
    Now in shared file:

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,520 Member
    Options
    Recap 10/31 M
    1) Month end measurements >:) ACK! / log on MFP
    2) Walked dog 3.54 mi, taking advantage of wonderful late Oct weather while temps above normal & sunny skies, dog treat at Al's :sunglasses: happy dog & happy me
    3) Breakfast, coffee & daily devotions with hubby :smiley:
    4) Move hourly :mrgreen: 13.2K 25 floors 12/14
    5) Leftovers for supper / net calories zero / >64 oz. water :D Sampled some of the candy but thankfully snack sizes have shrunk LOL. Net cals -231, sodium green yay, fiber protein carbs good, calcium decent, water 72 oz.
    6) Trick or treat hours 4-7 (hubby will stay in basement with dog) / clear more stuff in dining room from former work office / finish thank you to SW / email aunt J / write short letter to El / create account for UnitedHealth / review card stock ~ anything suitable for Dad? / review recipes for Sat. / another ta-da? washed towels TA-DA!
    7) FLOSS / RETAINERS / pray :smiley: x3

JFT 11/1 T
    1) Walked dog 4.67 mi, only 5.87km to 600km this year... not going to complete the yearly challenge of 1022km, but with knees & PT, I'm happy with my progress. Happy dog & happy me :smiley:
    2) Breakfast, coffee & daily devotions with hubby :smiley:
    3) Move hourly
    4) Supper? / net calories zero / >64 oz. water
    5) Finish thank you to SW / email aunt J / write short letter to El / review card stock ~ anything suitable for Dad? / review recipes for Sat. ~ maybe my fall go-to, apple crisp? / update perpetual calendar for Nov. / contact MDCustomRx / CPS-3 survey / another ta-da? / choir rehearsal 7:30
    6) Floss / retainers / pray

Yesterday I enrolled in the monthly Step Activity program of my new health insurance plan. Thank heaven I did this on the last day of October b/c learned I must report my activity during the current month. Earned $10 rewards card by doing so! All I have to do is walk 7,500 steps per day on 10 days each month (or 45 minutes of physical activity 10 days). With dog walks & moving hourly, this should be easy for me. I am set up to sync with my tracker. Now, I just need to remember to log in at least monthly & submit lol.

About me:
    I'm Carmela
    Height 5'4"
    65 yrs old
    Reside in Green Bay, WI, USA

2022 Goals: mainly updates from the last two years
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I track daily on a separate app (for the visual). My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~
    • 1.31.22 forgot to measure & log (DDS 8:20, quick stops at bread store & grocery essentials, then to mom & dad's for her bday)
    • 3.1.22 (still recovering from flu 2.23-2.25)
    • 3.31.22 maintaining not gaining
    • 4.30.22 barely maintaining
    • 5.31.22 ack
    • 6.30.22 ups & downs in June, but no worse at end of month
    • 8.2.22 up again ~ gah! (lazy in July & ate whatever I wanted)
    • 9.1.22 not doing so great eating-wise
    • 9.30.22 leveling off, starting downwards again :)
    • 10.31.22 not pretty... I can't stand being this heavy again!
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking dog, treadmill in winter, but include weights/my home version of circuit & other x-training
    • Started PT (physical therapy) exercises 1.28.22 due to overuse of arthritic knees
    6) Participate in race or challenge events hopefully fewer virtual this year ~
    • started MapMyWalk app You Vs. the Year 1,022km challenge on Jan. 1
    • Frenzy on the Fox (River Trail) 5K on 1.21.22 ~ untimed event, per MapMyWalk 53.47 & ave. pace 16:30, frigid this year with wind chill at zero
    • registered for Seroogy's Valentine 5K on 2.5.22 ~ medico nixed race b/c inflammation in knee due to overuse & my arthritis = sad me but good for my knee
    • Bellin 10K on 6.11.22 (first time in person since 2019) ~ 1:41:02 ave. pace 16:27 first half 51:35 second half 50:26 & knees were fine :star: happy me
    • Packers 5K on 7.16.22 ~ 48:48 average pace 15:43 finished 37/81 in my age group (I'm oldest year in range haha)
    • Bellin Women's 5K on 10/1/22 (Packers 5K discount yay) ~ 48:56 ave. pace 15:45 overall 202 of 296 :star: not too shabby 9 days before I turned 65yo
    • register for Run for the Hill of It (trail) 5K on 10/8/22 (price goes up in Sept) ~ reconsidered due to knees on nature trails with rocks, tree roots & finishing up a very steep sledding hill... have decided not doing this year (maybe ever again = sad me b/c I love trail events)
    • watch for other events to add
    • maybe Jingle Bell 5K in person this year? need to watch for
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last two years to be continued
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ keeping this goal as well
    9) Continue to declutter bedroom, home office, former work from home space (a/k/a dining room) and basement ~ not much progress lately, at least dining room done
    Word for 2022: Tenacity ~ persistent determination; the mental strength to resist opposition, danger or hardship
  • Bex953172
    Options
    @pridesabtch Love the costume! Gorgeous!!
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 5 pm. None of the same foods at dinner as at lunch. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,372 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    🐳🐬🐙🐬🐳🐬🐙🐬🐳
    🐳🐬NOVEMBER 2022🐬🐳
    🐳🐬🐙🐬🐳🐬🐙🐬🐳

Focus for October :
    Eat under goal!

🥗
    Active hours > 6
    💃🏼
    Current Solid Habits
    👌🏻

i think that we all have a tendency to be too hard on ourselves, setting too many burdensome goals at once.

It’s a difficult path we tread on our quest for better health and fitness. It’s only natural that we occasionally stumble.

When this happens, we pick ourselves up and start over. We keep on striving for improvement. This is the true meaning of success.

Strive for progress!

🦄 Terri
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Wednesday
    1. THINK PINK. Update IG.
    2. Check on proposal and magazine articles.
    3. Finish objects script & shoot.
    4. Reading - Libby. Update Goodreads!
    5. Write S&F and Clois.
    6. Tutoring.
    7. Organize office.
    8. Evening: Livestream. Dinner: Pizza. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Update JFT.
    9. Bedtime: Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth.
    10. Upcoming: Set up digital portfolio. Create online signups for trunk or treat and farmer's market and backpack blessings. Sat6 Nov 12. Sat take Starbucks card on walk! When to set up interviews with Alex & Jake about what's needed for teacher prep?? Get elastic for shoes & take to shoe repair. McKay's with Cora for driving practice? Clear up porch before beginning Christmas projects. How many cratesful of books are in the room; how often do we need to remove a crate in order to be done by May?

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of 2021: 194.4
    Today: 200.0

Long-term goals/progress

1. Professional / read current research. 2. Professional / present at conferences. 3. Professional / publish scholarly articles. 4. Professional / observe student needs and develop supports. 5. Professional / complete a doctorate. 6. Personal / retire comfortably. 7. Personal / renovate house. 8. Community / local progress. 9. Community / time with friends & family. 10. Medical/fitness.

1. Research: Five paragraph essay. How student attitudes affect standardized test results; student surveys.

2. Presenting: Promote YT channel. Invite guests.

3. Publishing: Read one journal article weekly; respond in a blog post. Clois for CWG. S&F for YT channel. Goodreads purchase list for McKay’s.

4. Observed student needs: Changing words between parts of speech (vocabulary/grammar). Synthesizing info from multiple sources, drawing conclusions (RI/W). EFFECTIVE transitions (W). Every day v everyday; any one v anyone (grammar). Sub/obj pronouns & structure (grammar). Poss v pl nouns (grammar). Short nonfic from Lat Amer/Africa/Asia (World Lit). ALA conference registration by March.

5. Doctorate: Research programs, requirements, resources, cost, timeline.

6. Retirement: Update name on JSSB acct. Check investments. Do years of service transfer? Theater CV. Entertainment experience. Duolingo/Lang8.

7. House: Floor joists. Siding. Gutters. Floors.

8. Local progress: Library. Theater. PC2V. City/county govt. Community kitchen. She Should Run vision statement. Ugly Christmas sweater / Hawaiian shirt. Push for diversity. Turn left!

9. Friends & extended family: Organize photos. Write postcards. Call weekly! Look for activities to do with friends. Purchase doll with long hair; practice French braid. Dance: tap, salsa, samba.

10. Immediate family: 20m room cleaning daily. When room is clean, nap together. Zoo? Drive white car together; practice solo driving. Load books in crate for McKay's. Work on staying home solo when dark. When is annual checkup? When is next therapy appt? Discuss regressive behaviors & becoming nonverbal when upset.

11. Medical: YMCA classes. Lift @ lunch. Maintain @ 155 w defined muscle tone. At 199, 1pr black 1pr white leggings; Hawaiian shirt. At 189, 2 Svaha Rachel dresses. Talk to PCP about feet (cannot do calf raises, pushups, planks, mountain climbers, etc.) Also back and shoulder pain. Why can’t I sleep better? Is ADHD a possible factor? Indochino Atlanta/Nashville. Dentist RS cleaning. Therapy Nov 21 11A. How to respond to regressive behavior? Obgyn Mar 16 1P.

WFTY: Focus. NO word on the proposal and I am ALL KINDS of grouchy about it. Like. Follow through on what you say, people! Ghosting is heinously unprofessional. Ugh.
    2020 WFTY: Progress. 2021 WFTY: Persistence.
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    JFT for 11/1/2022 (today)✔️
    1) No dessert day, unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added. (last 10/30)✔️
    2) None of DH's stash today & none ice cream that my friend brought. ✔️
    4) Don't weigh again until Thursday, 11/3.✔️
    5) Up to 1.5 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 10/30). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️Didn't eat today.
    10) No italian sausage ok today (last 10/30) (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)✔️
    11) No sweet potato today.✔️
    JFT for 11/2/2022 (tomorrow)✔️
    3) Peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 10/28)
    8) No beef jerky today.
    10) Iitalian sausage ok today (last 10/30) (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)
    11) Sweet potato ok today.

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.
    Now in shared file: